new - is anybody out there?

Options
Hi,

I am new here. I have kept my weight right "UNDER" 200 for the past few years (currently 196.5, YUK :sad: ), at 5 ft. 4 inches this is way more than I should. I am 43, have had high blood pressure for about 15 years, had my thyroid removed 2.5 years ago and have been having borderline diabetes for the past year. I need to get serious about my health!

Is anyone active on this board?

Blessings,
JuiceplusBecky
35 pounds to go . . .

Replies

• debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm here right there with ya! I had high blood pressure that's done now. I have diabetes. Its been my companion since 1984. Its a lot better now though. I'm on everyday to log and to offer support. Add me if you like!!
  • lorijabrams
    Options
    It's nice to meet you! I am the same way, high blood pressure for years, diabetes, and alot of stress. My doctor said that stress alone, has an intense affect on our health. It also makes you hold weight more in the middle for us women. =(
    I have always had a weight issue, but the older I get the worse it is. I have noticed that my yoyo dieting is not working. You lose a bit and starve, and then gain it back with more. I have had to make a lifestyle change, which hasn't been the easiest thing to do.
    I do love this website so we can encourage each other and give each other little tips that help. I hope this helps you to know your not alone.

Lori