More mile tri suit... opinion?

Options
FTIM2015
FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
Ok so Im entered for my first tri (wadebridge in cornwall UK) and am looking for a cheap tri suit. Will need to wear a sports bra as there's no way i can run without one!

Have seen the more mile suits on ebay for about £30, does anyone have one or has used one? Any good?

41229.jpg

Replies

• DavidTri
    DavidTri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would recommend that you go to a local Tri shop ( don't know if you have one!) and have a look in the flesh as you do run the risk of getting the wrong size. Hope that helps and good luck!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would recommend that you go to a local Tri shop ( don't know if you have one!) and have a look in the flesh as you do run the risk of getting the wrong size. Hope that helps and good luck!

this.

also, i recommend that you get the seperate tank and shorts. if you decide never to do a tri again, the shorts are just another pair of cycling shorts, and the top is another work out top. while a trisuit is simply a trisuit.

also, going to the bathroom in a trisuit involves getting almost naked.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 2 piecd suggestion, I think it would suck to have to go to the bathroom in a porta potty in a tri suit.
    they look cool but the 2 piece ones are more practical
  • FTIM2015
    Options
    Problem is I'm very long in the body and HATE exposed middle!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    go with what you feel most comfortable in for sure
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Problem is I'm very long in the body and HATE exposed middle!

go try some on.

hehe... get it?? tri some on!!!

but seriously, there is not exposed middle. those things don't ride up.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    As for the exposed middle, remember a lot of the tri shorts will go a long way to covering your midriff too. If you get a good fitting tri top, it won't ride up either. I hate exposed middle as well but I've never had that problem with my 2 piece suits. And I will have to go to the bathroom 5 minutes before race start no matter how many times I go before race start, so a 2 piece accommodates that need, haha.

My 2 piece tri suit is Blue Seventy and I love it. I can't speak to any other brands...
  • FTIM2015
    Options
    As for the exposed middle, remember a lot of the tri shorts will go a long way to covering your midriff too. If you get a good fitting tri top, it won't ride up either. I hate exposed middle as well but I've never had that problem with my 2 piece suits. And I will have to go to the bathroom 5 minutes before race start no matter how many times I go before race start, so a 2 piece accommodates that need, haha.

My 2 piece tri suit is Blue Seventy and I love it. I can't speak to any other brands...

Do you swim in your 2 piece too? How about sports bras? Do you find it rubs after the swim or that it's dried out alright by the time you get to the run (34GG there's no way I can do without one!!)
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I swim in a two piece tri suit and have worn a nylon or other polyester bra under the suit and it drains well. Like the others here, I can't imaging using a porta potty in a 1-piece. Chafing has never been a problem despite being soggy from dumping water over my head during the run. Consider using Body Glide or something similar if you're concerned about hot spots. Swimming in a bra sounds weird, but there's so many things going on in a race that I never even notice I'm wearing it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely want to try them on first. I have a pretty typical build (maybe a little broad for a triathlete, but average proportions) and find different brands fit REALLY differently.
  • FTIM2015
    Options
    Ended up with a Tiger frog one (see pic). very stretchy but seems comfortable, even gone down a size!
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ended up with a Tiger frog one (see pic). very stretchy but seems comfortable, even gone down a size!

i have a tiger frog one, not used it yet, have a one piece tri suit which i can swim faster inl. It is very low backed and stuck a t shirt over for the bike and run part, fun gett ing a tight t shirt over a wet tri suit lol, something i will not do next time. I wear a shock absorder run bra under it, it does remain a bit soggy but did not rub at all. On a sprint it is relatively a short time so it didnt casue me any problems wearing a bra, no way i could go without one.

One thing practice swimming in what you plan to wear. I got in thegym pool with my tri suit, calf guards which i have to have for running and my sports bra, people looked at me a little odd, but wanted to make sure, no straps or hooks where going to come undone in the swimming phase. For some odd reason i found the tiger frog one gave me added drag in the water, but not much. It did feel a little weird the first time swimming in that get up glad i tried it first.
  • FTIM2015
    Options
    I have a shock absorber too (bright purple and blue, but nothing moves!) I have great intentions of trying the suit out in the poor. Our pool does a ladies only night which a lot of Muslim ladies go to so no funny looks when I rock up in more than a swim suit then!!!