trying to begin B.E.D.....again!

Options
I have unsuccessfully attempted this in the past but after a recent IBS flare-up I am thinking of pressing on and trying again. I hope there are "others" interested to try through trial and error. Below is the go to web site + an explaination/overview of the diet. I am NO expert in this. I merely want to attempt to stick with it again and see if there is an interest here on MFP...

http://bodyecology.com/

What is Body Ecology-Stage 1

Many of you may wonder what is it? Most people have not heard of it.

The Body Ecology Diet is a way of eating that will restore your gut, stomach, adrenals, thyroid, clean out the blood, and most importantly, restore the good bacteria in the gut. The gut is 70% of the immune system so it is really the first place to start in restoring your health. I will do my best to map out the basic points of the diet.

The Body Ecology Diet is focused on 7 Principles.

#1-The Principle of Expansion and Contraction- Foods such as animal protein and salt are contracting and make our bodies feel uptight or closed, too much will cause constipation. Foods such as sweet raw juices, are expanding and too much will make you feel open and crave more sweets. An example of neutral foods are raw vegetables, salads, green vegetables and soaked almonds and Body Ecology Approved Grains. These neutral foods bring balance to the body.

#2-The Principle of Acid and Alkaline- Too much acidity in the body leads to yeast, viruses, cancer, parasites, allergies, and other atrocities. Alkaline foods do not feed yeast or parasites and rebuild the immune system. Some alkaline foods are ocean vegetables, most land vegetables, millet, quinoa, amaranth, seeds (except sesame), lemons, limes, black currant, unsweetened cranberries, raw apple cider vinegar, cultured vegetables, kefir, soaked and sprouted almonds, good quality sea salt, organic herbs and mineral water.

#3-The Principle of Uniqueness- Everyone’s body is different and our own body changes over time so listen to how you feel on the diet. You know more than anyone what is working and what is not. You can do this diet whether you are a raw foodist, vegan, vegetarian or meat eater. You can accommodate this diet to your individual needs.

#4 The Principle of Cleansing- Clean your colon is a must! You must get out the old waste in order to let new nutrients be absorbed into the body. In order for the pro-biotics to attach themselves well onto the colon wall and for nutrients to be absorbed into the body, you need a c lean colon walls! Do not skip this step! Clean your colon as you start with the diet, whether they are herbs (short term), flax tea, colon hydrotherapy or enemas.

#5 The Principle of Food Combining- Eating improperly combined foods causes fermentation that produces alcohol and sugar which feeds yeast and creates toxins so food must be combined properly to heal the digestive system. Eat fruits alone on an empty stomach, eat protein with non-starchy vegetables and/or land vegetables, and eat grains or starchy vegetables with non-starchy vegetables, salads or ocean vegetables. Protein fats such as milk kefir or soaked almonds can be combined with acid fruits such as berries and lemons/limes and non-starchy vegetables.

#6 The Principle of 80/20- Eat until your stomach feels 80% full, leaving room for digestion. 80% of your plate should be land and/or ocean vegetables and the rest either a grain/starch OR protein.

#7 The Principle of Step by Step- Understanding that the body takes time to heal will help you toward recovering your immune system. Just how it took small increments for the body to become ill, it will take small increments for the body to become well again. It is recommended to stay on a strict stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet for at least 3 months. Be patient with yourself and give the diet the time it needs to work with your body.

You will go through a Stage 1 diet for the first 3 months and then slowly increment other foods into the diet. The first few months, the only grains allowed are buckwheat, quinoa, millet and amaranth. Good quality eggs, poultry, fish, meat and game are allowed.

No high glycemic vegetables such a sweet potatoes or beets are allowed and no medium or high glycemic fruits are allowed. Berries, limes and lemons are fine. I personally cut out berries because I felt irritable eating them still, but if you feel okay, you can have them.

Milk kefir is the only dairy allowed once the mucosal lining in the gut is healed. Currant juice, unsweetened cranberry and pomegranate juice are allowed. Also, soaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds are allowed. The allowed sweeteners to use are Stevia and Lakanto because they do not feed candida, bacteria or viruses.

The core program of The Body Ecology Diet is cultured vegetables, coconut kefir pudding and coconut kefir water. These are a part of every day’s diet for help with healing the immune system. These are the magic behind the curtain, they eat toxins, give you vitamins, restore your immune system and remove heavy metals from the body! They colonize the gut with goodness!

If you or your family are suffering from constipation(1 bowel movement or less a day), allergies, asthma, eczema, cancer, candidiasis, chronic colds, or any other auto immune disorder, try Stage 1 of the Body Ecology Diet for a 2 week trial period. See how you feel and I am positive that there will be a big change in the way your body, mind and mood feels in just the first few days.

You are investing in your health and well being and you are worth it!

Replies

• Diantha44
    Options
    Today I went to the Asian Market and "stocked up" on seaweed and such! You may think "ewwww, gross" but for some reason I LOVE it-saly and crunchy wakame. I can eat it right out of the pouch! and roasted laver---yummmmmmmm....I think I crave it because I need it! I hope I can stick to it a short while before my LENT CLEANSE! anyone else out there interested?
  • davinasaunders
    Options
    Hi there,

I have no idea if your still doing this, but I just started. I attempted to start yesterday and I got a massive headache, which resulted in a total binge. Yikes. Today is going much better.
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this!
    I am new to MFP and just came across your group. i've never heard of this diet so i just started reading up on it. i'm going to buy the book and read it - it sounds wonderful!
    How is it going for the two of you? I have a LOT of the symptoms it talks about not being able to ever get rid of no matter how many doctors you go to, no matter what you do, i've changed my diet to an extremely clean, healthy diet and feel no better...I'm anxious to hear how this is going for you all!
    ~Meg
  • davinasaunders
    Options
    Hi Meg,

I have been on it for just over a week and I'm down 11 pounds! I have incorporated homemade CocoKefir and fermented veggies :) I feel awesome.

I have been one week RAW and started September 1, I'm going to do a green juice cleanse and incorporate the coconut Kefir into it.

The first three days were awful.....so start it when you can rest and drink lots of fluids.

I have a blog at http://unlikelyraw.wordpress.com/

Something else you should check out is http://www.philipmccluskey.com/

I'm going to do his juice cleanse September 1. Pretty happy about everything so far.

BTW-The coco kefir is awesome and it takes your sugar cravings away completely....no joke!
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cool, well i got the book but have some reading to do, also just had to have my gallbladder removed - emergency - i got Really sick, so I'm recovering from that. I'm interested in learning about this though, and good for you, I'm glad it's going well.