Worst Part?

Options
I'll get things rolling for the group on the note of whining:

I get just about every symptom imaginable with my TOM from migraines to painful cramps, but the worst has got to be the exhaustion. I don't have a job right now, which thank God because I think I've taken a three hour nap every day for the last three days and even then I still feel half-dead on my feet and all I want to do is sleep MORE!

So what are your worst symptoms and how do you deal?

Replies

• 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets so tired. It starts with an appetite that doesn't go away. I crave things like Doritos and Chinese food. I almost get mad at the healthy fruits and veggies I see because they are so worthless. Luckily that only lasts for the day befor i start. Then I just want to sleep through it. God forbid if i see a hallmark commercial though, I get so sappy which makes up for the *****iness.

How do I deal? Sometimes I cave in to the cravings, go to bed early, and I'm thankful my family gives each other the "stay away from mom for a day or two looks" lol
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cramps are the worst and i hate craving sweeties and anything with lots of grease in it, and i always seem to put on 5 to 7 pounds of water weight. How do i deal with the water weight ? my doctor gives me water pill's
    25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    For me cramps. They hurt something fierce...
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to have a bad TOM when i was on the pill...now....watch out. I get really moody (b*tchy) the day or two before and can cry at the drop of a hat. The day before and first two days of...I am super bloated and fatigued. Thankfully cramps are still not *that* bad.

The only time I really hate being a girl. :(
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to have a bad TOM when i was on the pill...now....watch out. I get really moody (b*tchy) the day or two before and can cry at the drop of a hat. The day before and first two days of...I am super bloated and fatigued. Thankfully cramps are still not *that* bad.

The only time I really hate being a girl. :(

Ha! This is me, except I am on the pill. Everything makes me cry, and I turn into an even worse raging b*tch than usual :-)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the non hormonal IUD and I used to be okay on the nuvaring but I got blood clots from it so I can't be on anything hormonal anymore. I now have the worst cramps ever and I'm in tears for a good 3-4 days and I usually have really bad back pains and nausea from the cramps :( My dr gave me a prescription for a prescription strength pain reliever for the cramps but haven't tried it yet since I haven't had my period yet since she gave it to me. I'd do anything to not be curled up in a ball and in tears for 3-4 days.
  • rebeccalray5
    Options
    The worst part for me. Hmmmm. All of it! I crave all carb filled food whether I'm hungry or not. I breakout with zits like I'm an unpopular teenager; I'm 30! I cramp in my hips and thighs uuhhhggg. I also become a road raged idiot. I used to not have issues but after all of my children and turning 30, my body decided to pay me back?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    The worst part is when my girlfriend yells at me and blames me for everything. I buy her chocolate because she tells me to. Then when I get home and give it to her she says I just want to make her fat.:noway:
  • ElPincheGordo
    Options
    The worst part is when my girlfriend yells at me and blames me for everything. I buy her chocolate because she tells me to. Then when I get home and give it to her she says I just want to make her fat.:noway:
    Holla!
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just switched from the pill to nuvaring... and well let me tell you. I don't know whether I actually craved anything previously (as I didn't watch what I ate at all), I didn't notice much bloating, discomfort nothing. I don't know whether watching what I eat is doing this, or switching bc pills, but I'm a freaking nut right now. I can cry and the drop of a hat, if I get angry, watch the f*** out. I am still doing my exercise, just with a lot more cursing. Jillian is my mortal enemy at the moment. Now that I feel like a beached whale, I don't really want to weigh in this week. It's not that I am eating that crappy, just... ugh. efff this week!
  • ElPincheGordo
    Options
    Just switched from the pill to nuvaring...
    Gah! We tried the ring thing, and what a mess. Could not keep it in. :blushing:
  • alylynn10
    alylynn10 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cramps! And feeling like you've gained 10lbs. Horrible. Let's not mention the cravings.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin?! IUD, fatigue, cravings, mood swings, back and uterine cramps, depression...and all this can happen a week before it's due! My docs told me calcium and magnesium. Iron helps me too.

I read an article saying that the best way to get through it is to just take it easy. But when I'm working hard to lose weight, it's the last thing I want to do although it may be necessary. I could barely workout yesterday, and today I didn't. I'm still a bit disappointed about it.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Holla!
    lol......yup...ive been guilty of this until i started doing Atkins!
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've had some severe cramps, pressure, and depression. I had to leave work early today. I'm going to try supplementation but if it doesn't work next month, I'm headed to my ob. :sad:
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anyone wanna help me shoot my ovaries out?!? That would be awesome :) thanks...
  • rebeccalray5
    Options
    Anyone wanna help me shoot my ovaries out?!? That would be awesome :) thanks...

I would...except...you're ovaries are needed otherwise you'd have to take a pill everyday... bad things could happen...maybe you would grow a mustache. Just wouldn't recommend that route. Sorry :/
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The fact that I just ended it Thursday and guess what surprise I woke up to this morning?
  • ElPincheGordo
    Options
    The fact that I just ended it Thursday and guess what surprise I woke up to this morning?
    Breakfast in bed?
  • Roocy84
    Options
    Definitely cramps and fatigue, but also nausea which sometimes does lead to vomiting. I hate being at work when it's the first two days of TOM, because at least at home I can be near my bed and the toilet!

Painkillers help slightly, and having a hot water bottle with me does too - I take a mini one to work that I wrap in a scarf and it usually goes unnoticed by my colleagues. The thing that helps most is sleeping, but unfortunately I can't do that at work, and even if I'm at home the cramps have other ideas about letting me rest!