Appetite problem

Options
VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. My first trimester and up until last week, all I wanted to do was eat eat eat. I struggled with eating too much (though I managed to stay within my maintenance level most of the time). This week, however, I've had absolutely no appetite at all. I'm struggling to eat even half my calories, which I know is terrible for me and my baby. It's just really hard to eat anything when everything seems unappetizing.

Have you all dealt with this? What did you do about it?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Last week was like that for me. What I ended up doing was listening to my body and if I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I took the leftover cals for that day and created an entry under exercise called "leftover calories from previous day" and added that to the next day. Every day I was under I carried those calories over to the next day. Eventually my appetite caught up to me and I eventually ate it all back in 2 days after 4 days of not eating much. So, after a week, I was only over by 26 cals. I figure, as long as I meet my weekly calorie goal, the days during that week don't have to be perfect. Hope this helps!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I was lazy earlier this week and didn't track like I should. I really need to do better. I will do better this week.

I'm glad this is normal for the appetite to come and go.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 1/2 weeks along and I didn't have an appetite for a few weeks. What I felt helped was to just have the decision on what to eat taken out of my hands. So maybe have your significant other decide what you're going to eat and eat that. Not having to pick what to eat helped me.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've been the same. Hunger comes in waves. I was super duper hungry between wee8 and 10 ...then my hunger dropped for 2 week. Then I got super hungry again between week 12-14 and now at week 15 my hunger went away again.
    My weight has yo-yoed along with my hunger as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as your weight gain is on track overall.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 1/2 weeks along and I didn't have an appetite for a few weeks. What I felt helped was to just have the decision on what to eat taken out of my hands. So maybe have your significant other decide what you're going to eat and eat that. Not having to pick what to eat helped me.

This is me exactly! I tell my husband whats in the fridge and freezer and make him choose. I eat what is cooked, but I don't want anything until it is in front of me. =)
  • VelociMama
    Options

HA! If it were up to the hubs, we'd be eating pastries for dinner every day....

:) Good idea though.