Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?

Options
2»

Replies

• Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I took the enneagram test and I'm between a 3 (The achiever) and 4 (The Individualist). Very accurate. I really thrive on validation and I also have a sense of longing like I don't belong anywhere.

I would say I'm introverted. I'm shy and I don't like others to know what I'm thinking. I'm not very trusting of others and I don't have a lot of friends. I've been told I'm a bit mysterious, but that's just because I don't like letting other people in. People scare me.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I am INTJ.

With severe social anxiety.

Unless I'm drinking and then everyone is my frieeeeeeeend <3
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I am INTJ.

With severe social anxiety.

Unless I'm drinking and then everyone is my frieeeeeeeend <3

Enneagram I am tie between type 5 and 8
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    ESFP - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

:bigsmile: Love to party, love to talk, a people's person. Sounds about right :glasses:

I still dont chat blokes up tho!! :noway: Unless I'm (very) drunk! :drinker:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am
    ESTJ

Extravert(89%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(19%) Judging(22%)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert. Even worse, an INTJ.

I'm an INFP. But I think the Enneagram personality test is more accurate myself. (I'm a type 4)

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

I was curious so I took this too...Tie between Type 7 & 8 (and boy are these right...)

Type Seven
    The Enthusiast
    The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

Type Eight
    The Challenger
    The powerful, aggressive type. Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self-mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

I tied on 7 and 8 also
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yup, the Enneagram will definitely tell you things about yourself that you didn't want to know. My test result enlightened me in a somewhat morbid fashion (but I guess that would make sense for me).

THE INDIVIDUALIST
    Enneagram Type Four

"Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
    Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an identity)

(((shudders)))
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The two I scored highest on if that is how it is supposed to work.

Type Five
    The Investigator
    The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

Type Six
    The Loyalist
    The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

Ehh,maybe yes at times and maybe no.

Doubt anyone could figure me out completely. :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The guy I'm currently seeing we've decided is a 6 (even though he scored high on 4 and 9 too, I think 6 is more accurate). He feels I'm totally an 8 (with a bit of 7 mixed in). I found a link that tells you how you get along with other numbers (compatibility) and 6 & 8 are totally us...

Yes, this test is very accurate - scary and tells you things you know but you probably don't want to embrace! LOL
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I am an extrovert - I love to be around people - but I am shy, so it doesn't really mix. I like to meet new people but I just never know what to say and I feel awkward, but I love people though and crave human contact. It's hard for me to get to know friends because I'm not outgoing, but I really want friends at the same time, you know?
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I am an extrovert - I love to be around people - but I am shy, so it doesn't really mix. I like to meet new people but I just never know what to say and I feel awkward, but I love people though and crave human contact. It's hard for me to get to know friends because I'm not outgoing, but I really want friends at the same time, you know?

Hi, Christine. I thought I was the only shy extrovert. Working in the public did help me some... but I have noticed that when I first meet people, I do have a tendancy to be more quiet, shy, and reserved, but, boy, when I warm up, watch out! I do crave human contact. Although I do need time for some self-reflection, I cannot stand to be alone for too long.

And I will tell you what I learned years ago. If you want friends, be a friend. Chances are other people are looking for friends, too. I know sometimes it's hard, being shy, but if you will just take that step and introduce yourself or strike up a conversation or invite someone to lunch, you might be surprised at the friendships that can form.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    wow there sure are a lot of you INTJ's...

My personality type according to Myers Briggs fluctuates between ENFJ and ENFP... leaning more towards ENFJ. It's pretty much right on. :) I'm an extrovert who still requires time to think.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    INFJ

Sometimes I think I'm painfully introverted, but much less than I used to be!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm a fence sitter, right between Introvert and extrovert, though on here the introverted side probably comes out a bit more.

How come the introverted side here, Nerple? I think that's true for me too, but I guess you would think we would be more extroverted here as we have some anonymity.

I have no clue! Probably an extension of being shy/unsure in romantic situations and carrying over to conversations about the same topics.

As for Myers-Briggs, I always test either ISTP or ESTP.

And that other test:

Type 1: 4
    Type 2: 1
    Type 3: 5
    Type 4: 5
    Type 5: 5
    Type 6: 4
    Type 7: 6
    Type 8: 2
    Type 9: 4

Type Seven
    The Enthusiast
    The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The Enneagram site says: "Your highest score was a tie between Type 1, Type 3, Type 4, and Type 9. One of these is likely your Enneagram type. We recommend you review the type descriptions listed on this page and take the Full RHETI to help you clarify which of these types you are."

Weird.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Definitely a bit of an introvert. Type 6.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Hi, Christine. I thought I was the only shy extrovert. Working in the public did help me some... but I have noticed that when I first meet people, I do have a tendancy to be more quiet, shy, and reserved, but, boy, when I warm up, watch out! I do crave human contact. Although I do need time for some self-reflection, I cannot stand to be alone for too long.

And I will tell you what I learned years ago. If you want friends, be a friend. Chances are other people are looking for friends, too. I know sometimes it's hard, being shy, but if you will just take that step and introduce yourself or strike up a conversation or invite someone to lunch, you might be surprised at the friendships that can form.

I am the exact same way, that once I get to know someone I am so chatty! And I do need me-time, a lot of it, but I also need human contact.
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm an INFJ and such an introvert. My whole family is made up of extroverts, so to say that I'm the odd one out is an understatement. They thrive off each other and conversation. If i'm around too many people for too long, even family, I get exhausted and I need a few hours alone to recharge. Some people don't understand this and I think it impacts dating life. Sometimes I just want to be alone in my thoughts without anyone else. I find a lot of people don't understand that. I like talking to people, I will have conversations with just about anyone about anything. Yet I need to be alone every so often or I feel like I might go crazy.

I've also read a difference between extroverts and introverts is the types of conversations they like. Extroverts like to talk period and introverts talk a lot with something that interests them. This is so true for me, as well as hating small talk. I'd much rather sit and talk about some intense topic, or not talk at all with an absolute stranger than discuss something menial like the weather lately.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    introvert 100%
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    wow there sure are a lot of you INTJ's...

My personality type according to Myers Briggs fluctuates between ENFJ and ENFP... leaning more towards ENFJ. It's pretty much right on. :) I'm an extrovert who still requires time to think.

Which is odd because it's supposedly one of the least common types. Perhaps there is a connection between singledom and weight loss forums.