TDEE & BMR calculations - can someone confirm?

Options
If my BMR is 1533, my TDEE is 2365 & my TDEE - cut (20%) = 1892 -- then that means I need to set my daily calorie goal on MFP to 1892 and exercise 3-5 times a week to burn around 473 calories each workout? Is that correct? How much weight and how quickly should I lose using this formula? I'm currently 5'7 160 pounds -- any help would be appreciated...I'm newer to this and confused!:sad:

Also, if I work out more one day...and burn 673 calories during a workout instead of 473, I should eat 200 more calories that day correct?

Thanks in advance for clarification!

Replies

• wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I set calories to the cut and don't eat back exercise calories. However, pay attention to net to make sure you get to your BMR. Eat back some calories inly if you net below BMR b/c of exercise. So yeah, you got it! The scooby calculator will tell you how much fat you will lose w/this cut. But an FYI...If you are lifting A bunch with cardio you will lose fat AND gain muscle so the scale is not your friend. The tape measurer will be your friend ;) try not to get hung up on the scale. I'm down a size but not much weight since I started so there is that :)
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I set calories to the cut and don't eat back exercise calories. However, pay attention to net to make sure you get to your BMR. Eat back some calories inly if you net below BMR b/c of exercise. So yeah, you got it! The scooby calculator will tell you how much fat you will lose w/this cut. But an FYI...If you are lifting A bunch with cardio you will lose fat AND gain muscle so the scale is not your friend. The tape measurer will be your friend ;) try not to get hung up on the scale. I'm down a size but not much weight since I started so there is that :)
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Thanks so much! Is it normal to feel scared about eating that many calories? I'm so used to hearing "eat 1200 calories to lose" that it freaks me out to actually eat 1800 calories!!! What if it doesn't work for me and I gain weight? UGH!!!!