How do you guys eat "bacon and eggs?"

Options
maremare312
maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
Around high school I started eating scrambled eggs, before that I wouldn't eat eggs at all. I only started eating fried (over easy or over medium) eggs a few years ago, and always eat them on toast or an english muffin or on top of hashbrowns. So my question is how do you eat your eggs? I do like over medium eggs but can't figure out how to eat them without a carb, I just can't eat them by themselves. I did make zucchini fritters the other night and ate an egg on top of those, but the fritter recipe would need to be adjusted to be low carb.

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Eggs - scrambled, hardboiled, over hard, omlette, in a quiche..anything but runny. I can't eat a gooey runny egg.
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you could try making paleo bread.
    http://wheatfreeandglutenfreebreadrecipe.blogspot.com/

most aren't exactly low carb but they're void of the flour, sugar and starch that initially would make you gain weight :)

however, this recipe is very low carb:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/carb-free-cloud-bread-411501
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 ounces cream cheese
    blend, add in yummlies if you want (stevia, cinnamon etc)
    cook like a pancake.
    serve with butter/maple syrup

i love the sweet/savory.
    it's like french toast and bacon.

you could always make oopsies or MiMs.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Fried eggs over sliced cabbage sauteed in bacon grease or butter -- so delicious.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    4 eggs scrambled in 100% animal fat with much bacon, cheese, spinach, tabasco and cayenne pepper.

Sometimes I'll mix it all up with some leafy salad and raw onion.

Looooovely :) I don't miss the slices of bread or whatever one bit.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I cooks mah bacons, then I fries mah eggs in the renderins.

Perfection. NOW I can have toast too. I should add I would only eat 12 grain toast, not white. Not enough flavor.
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I cooks mah bacons, then I fries mah eggs in the renderins.

I do the same, then dip my bacon in the eggs yuummmmm
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Either scrambled all together with veggies, or my fav: cook the eggs sunny side up in bacon grease. Mmmmmm grease
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Scrambled in coconut oil with 1/8 of a cup of shredded cheese. Normally cook my bacon or sausage in another pan. It's either turkey bacon or pork bacon/sausage.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Two perfectly poached eggs in a sea-salt/vinegar water solution. A slice of fresh baked ham (the real stuff, not cured), homemade hollandaise, fresh herbs on top and freshly steamed spinach... splash of tabasco goes very nicely with this dish... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Two perfectly poached eggs in a sea-salt/vinegar water solution. A slice of fresh baked ham (the real stuff, not cured), homemade hollandaise, fresh herbs on top and freshly steamed spinach... splash of tabasco goes very nicely with this dish... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good!

Come to my house!! I want that!! :)
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make a bacon bowl. Literally, a bowl made of bacon, filled with scrambled egg, topped with cheddar cheese.

7604035624_c34aea551b.jpg

Also, Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs.
    Hard boil 6 eggs and slice length-wise, whip yolks with 2 thin slices of bacon, 1 Tablespoon Ranch dressing, 1 Tablespoon Mayo, 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard. Fill cooked egg whites & top with MORE bacon!!!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nice, pixelberry! Do you make bowls in a muffin tin or what?

I just mix eggs and cream in a bowl, then pour them in a pan with Pam and move them around until they're cooked. I do bacon in the microwave. If I feel up to it, I throw some shredded cheese on the eggs just before they're done.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    3 eggs, 4 softened oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup heavy cream(1/3 cup of shredded cheddar if you want) Use a blender or something to blend eggs and cream cheese well, stir in cream/cheddar. Pour into baking dish and bake at 300 for 20 minutes. This makes a 'crust' for things like bacon, or taco meat, or any freakin thing you want. You can add whatever toppings after you bake it, and then bake it again. It's almost like eating bread:)
  • caraiselite
    Options
    Nice, pixelberry! Do you make bowls in a muffin tin or what?

i do on the bottom of the muffin tin, like flip it over.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! That bacon bowl looks awesome!
  • caraiselite
    Options
    bacon bowls are great, i fill mine with shredded lettuce, mayo, pickles, and tomatoes.
    it's like a blt salad!
    i bet chopped hard boiled egg would be frickin fantabulous in it too.
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Serve then on watercress or large flat mushrooms, or you could serve them on sliced cheesy MIM yum yum
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    -Asparagus, smoked salmon & Hollandaise sauce with scrambled or poached eggs and lots of black pepper......Yummmm!!

- Chorizo, peppers & scrambled eggs.

- Poached eggs, spinach & cheese sauce with crispy bacon bits. (like florentine eggs)

- Corned beef hash (Made using diced fried turnips, corned beef, leek/onion with worstershire sauce & tobasco) Topped with a couple of fried eggs.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you could try making paleo bread.
    http://wheatfreeandglutenfreebreadrecipe.blogspot.com/

most aren't exactly low carb but they're void of the flour, sugar and starch that initially would make you gain weight :)

however, this recipe is very low carb:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/carb-free-cloud-bread-411501

Wow! I can't wait to try some of these!

Other great ideas for eggs - I love eggs with Hollandaise sauce! Oh, and the corned beef hash sounds wonderful, too. I actually bought a turnip and wasn't sure what to do with it!