Thoughts on games you've recently played

Options

Replies

• dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Path of Exile
    "Free to Play Diablo (2ish)"

Currently in closed beta but still very fun and quite polished. It'll be free, no need to purchase the game even. Supported by microtransactions, however they will be for cosmetic items / non-combat pets not for anything that will give you an advantage or add power to your character.

If you liked Diablo 2 you'd like this. Having more fun in it than D3 atm.

To get in the closed beta you can support them for a minimum of $10. They did this as there were quite a lot of people asking to pay to join beta. This gets you $10 credit to spend in the micro store.

Game is well worth $10 even in its current state.

Check out Grim Dawn, too. A few of the guys from the now defunct Iron Lore Entertainment that made Titan Quest. Looks tasty.

http://www.grimdawn.com
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3) -- Adventure RPG. The graphics are gorgeous. The only problem I have graphically is that the main character over-runs a bit, and that annoys me. But I've gotten used to it as the game progresses. The control system is pretty easy to learn, but as far as I can tell there's no way to create a custom control set-up, which might bother some players. The story is engaging, the music is pretty great, the voice acting is very good.

I'm too tired to think straight right now, so I don't know what else I wanted to say. But the upshot is, this is a great game and you should pick it up. :)

This is the game that kept me from starting Mass Effect 3 ;) I had been so excited for ME3 to come out but when it finally did, I just could NOT stop playing Kingdoms of Amalur until I beat it! Which took a long time since there were 2 download mission packages...I really liked it for the beauty of it mostly. Not the best game I ever played, but very addictive! And I like loot-grabbing games....
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3) -- Adventure RPG. The graphics are gorgeous. The only problem I have graphically is that the main character over-runs a bit, and that annoys me. But I've gotten used to it as the game progresses. The control system is pretty easy to learn, but as far as I can tell there's no way to create a custom control set-up, which might bother some players. The story is engaging, the music is pretty great, the voice acting is very good.

I'm too tired to think straight right now, so I don't know what else I wanted to say. But the upshot is, this is a great game and you should pick it up. :)

This is the game that kept me from starting Mass Effect 3 ;) I had been so excited for ME3 to come out but when it finally did, I just could NOT stop playing Kingdoms of Amalur until I beat it! Which took a long time since there were 2 download mission packages...I really liked it for the beauty of it mostly. Not the best game I ever played, but very addictive! And I like loot-grabbing games....

Yeah, I haven't gotten to play it as much as I'd like, but it's so good. When I have a chance to play any kind of game, that's what I go to. My kids start back to school in a couple of weeks, and I'm gonna be playing the crap out of that game. :laugh:
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    And sadly, even though Kingdoms of Amalur was so successful, the company still went bankrupt : http://danieljohnston.hubpages.com/hub/38-Studios-and-Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Dead
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Symphony: Decent music based shooter, it doe recognise and match gameplay to your music a lot better then Beat Hazard ever dreamed of but other then the upgrade system I find this game lacking any depth. It's just another way to play your music. 6/10

London 2012 Olympic Games: Mini game collection; If you don't have an Xbox controller for your PC then don't even think about getting this game. With a controller the are quite a few fun mini games here and it's quite fun in local multi player but it's hideously overpriced and feels rushed & some of the events are just tedious. 5/10
  • impyimpyaj
    Options
    And sadly, even though Kingdoms of Amalur was so successful, the company still went bankrupt : http://danieljohnston.hubpages.com/hub/38-Studios-and-Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Dead

Boooooo. :sad: I didn't know about that.
  • mkedward
    mkedward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Borderlands, I love it! It took a long time to beat though. I'm super excited for the second one now.

Also, my boyfriend and I played marvel ultimate alliance, I'm a total superhero nerd, so I like it a lot. The gameplay is different, I am used to there being a split screen for multiple players.

And lastly, I just got back into skyrim. I didn't get the Dawnguard add-on, but I'm interested in what people think of it. I've heard good reviews so far. I just decided to start over and play it with a different technique. I keep discovering places that I didn't find the first time around, so it doesn't feel so repeditive.

Yup, I'm a total nerd.... hahaha
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Borderlands, I love it! It took a long time to beat though. I'm super excited for the second one now.

Also, my boyfriend and I played marvel ultimate alliance, I'm a total superhero nerd, so I like it a lot. The gameplay is different, I am used to there being a split screen for multiple players.

And lastly, I just got back into skyrim. I didn't get the Dawnguard add-on, but I'm interested in what people think of it. I've heard good reviews so far. I just decided to start over and play it with a different technique. I keep discovering places that I didn't find the first time around, so it doesn't feel so repeditive.

Borderlands 2 Launch date trailer is great.

Also, what's wrong with being a nerd? :P
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

since you joined this group, then that would be implied.
  • skatardrummer
    skatardrummer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Diablo 3: Easy to tear through until half way through inferno. I've been soloing Act 2, but without cash shopping it hurts some. The unfortunate thing is they haven't implimented the PVP aspect yet. The game lacks room for expansion. MMOs shouldn't have an end per say. This one does.

SWTOR: This had a more social aspect to it than Diablo 3, but it also lacked a continuation of stuff to do. It did have PVP both in territory wars format and open PVP which was interesting.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am loving playing Boarderlands GOTY edition on Xbox and I cannot wait for the new one to come out. It looks like it will be awesome. Also playing God of war 3 on ps3 and I am enjoying that one as well but I am liking boarderlands a little better :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i just played a little bit of the new counter strike it seems kinda fun and less difficult than the previous ones.
  • jstur14
    jstur14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Alpha Protocol(360) - Just got done with this and was surprised that it is actually a fun game with lots of choices that affect the story. Ended up playing it twice to beat it on hard the second time and the choices i made the second time affected it a pretty good amount that it felt refreshing the second time. (Gets a little overpowered if you go stealth and just go invisible and kill everyone)

Kingdoms of Amalur(360) - Just started this up and it is a lot of fun so far but only couple hours into it

Basically I have been going through all the games on my shelf till a beat them all instead of buying any new games and it is surprising how many games i ignored that are fun like alpha protocol.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Symphony - A relaxing game that takes your music from your computer and uses that to make the maps you play. It's kind of like space invaders. It is fun and I did end up playing for a good 2 hours and not realizing it. The only thing is, it did get boring after a while. But it's just a fun little game you play.

Freejack - A beta game that is parkour, it's a racing game, usually not a big fan of racing games but this one is fun. Allows you to play online with others around the world. It starts off with using the arrow keys to move, space to jump, and shift to turn tight corners. But, like any good game for the pc it allows you to change the key bindings. This has been one beta game tested that I've along with the rest of the OCT crew liked a lot.

But, I'm really looking forward to The Sims 3: Supernatural. :3 I love the Sims.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am now playing God of War 2 HD, and I'm starting to get annoyed. This games feels like it's longer than Resistance 1. And some of these bosses are cheap as well. Overall, it's enjoyable, but I want to get this over with so I can finally open up and beat Part 3 before Borderlands 2 and everything else starts coming out. Maybe I should subscribe to Gamefly...
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Currently playing Heavy Rain. It's starting to get really interesting, as I'm getting to what i think is the climax of the story. I think I like Indego Prophecy better, though. I haven't quite decided yet.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options
    Currently playing Heavy Rain. It's starting to get really interesting, as I'm getting to what i think is the climax of the story. I think I like Indego Prophecy better, though. I haven't quite decided yet.

My husband was playing Heavy Rain with his brother (I don't know how they play single player games together, but they do), and something happened to make the system delete their game save. He thinks they must not have seen the save icon when they turned off the system. They were over halfway through it. I don't think I've ever seen two men more broken.
  • Dedatress
    Options
    I really like horror games!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent- Man am I ever fond of this game. It's a first-person horror game where you walk around a castle looking for clues and such. (Dont want to give away any of the plot and such.) It's the scariest game I have played up to date, and there is also a sequel in the making right this moment! A lot of the game is also about immersion too, the atmosphere is absolutely nail-biting.

Ib- This is also a horror-esque game made by someone in RPG Maker. It's short and sweet, but it's absolutely amazing! You play as a young girl named Ib (pronounced Eeb, sort of like Eve) who gets sucked into this crazy art gallery. It's absolutely wonderful, and the atmosphere is eerie and really powerful! It's also free for download so I'd really recommend you to try it. The graphics are awful in a charming sort of retro way, to be honest they didn't bug me at all.
  • Dedatress
    Options

My husband was playing Heavy Rain with his brother (I don't know how they play single player games together, but they do), and something happened to make the system delete their game save. He thinks they must not have seen the save icon when they turned off the system. They were over halfway through it. I don't think I've ever seen two men more broken.

...that's just awful. I've played that wonderful game, but let me tell you. It's stinkin long! And they will have to start all over and either remake all of the decisions they did before or just screw it. The game is amazing, but that's just awful that something happened to their save. Interesting enough, if they were halfway through it should have auto-saved after every chapter. But it must have been a glitch or a power turn off. How awful :( My sympathies go out to them.
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really like horror games!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent- Man am I ever fond of this game. It's a first-person horror game where you walk around a castle looking for clues and such. (Dont want to give away any of the plot and such.) It's the scariest game I have played up to date, and there is also a sequel in the making right this moment! A lot of the game is also about immersion too, the atmosphere is absolutely nail-biting.

Ib- This is also a horror-esque game made by someone in RPG Maker. It's short and sweet, but it's absolutely amazing! You play as a young girl named Ib (pronounced Eeb, sort of like Eve) who gets sucked into this crazy art gallery. It's absolutely wonderful, and the atmosphere is eerie and really powerful! It's also free for download so I'd really recommend you to try it. The graphics are awful in a charming sort of retro way, to be honest they didn't bug me at all.

You should try Deadspace.

DS2_E32010_02-us_656x369.jpg?cb=1334003706