Day 1- Starting weight and First workout

Options
amberlongsine
amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
Hey All!

My name is Amber and I'm almost 21 years old.

My first work out: Holy Cow!!! What a work out! 20 minutes or so and I am EXHAUSTED! Who knew all these SIMPLE exercises could be so hard for the first day! I wanted to quit about 3/4 of the way in and I pushed through and got it done!
I loved how honest Jillian is in her workout! Very motivating! I'm literally dripping with sweat! Amazing!

Height: 5'3"
Starting Weight: 192.8
Starting Date: 8/14/12

My goal is to drop 15-20lbs during the shred =) I think if I watch what I eat and do the work out every day and stay away from sugars, fats, and carbs then I should be fairly close to my goal. I have about 80lbs to lose altogether and if this works, Then I will most likely continue on to another month of the shred.

Replies

• mellydelly
    mellydelly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My names melissa, I'm looking for motivation, I tried 30 day shred for like 3 days then stopped. I'm 5'4 and at 190. I guess this is a sign I found this group today as I was contemplating going downstairs and starting 30 day shred over again and getting motivation to start working out in general. :] I guess ill be headed downstairs now
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I finished day 9 today and sadly can't report any weight loss yet, tho I am optimistic! I definitely feel it and I can see new muscle definition in my thighs and arms (confirmed by my 10 year old daughter). I am hoping the scale starts responding soon as well! Good Luck to Everyone :bigsmile:
  • lastchancemama
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tiffany, I'm 29 and I just literally joined myfitnesspal about 10 minutes ago for the 3rd time! I need to do this right this time and I'm determined to utilize all the tools available to me, including support from others :) I am currently at work as a 9-1-1 dispatcher (3rd shift) and I'm tired of being tired and making excuses not to achieve my goals of health and weight loss. Since its quiet now at work I've chosen to organize my thoughts and make some plans! I have been staring at the 30 Day Shred DVD on my counter for months now and I haven't been making the time to actually do it... NOW I have no choice! It was meant to be finding this group and tomorrow I will start my challenge with you all :) Looking forward to a long and awesome road to health!
  • Lynne_m_davies
    Options
    Hey

Im currently waiting on my 30 day shred dvd to be delivered (I live as an expat in deepest darkest Zambia !) Cant wait, I will be following everyones progress avidly. I'm really hoping to see everyone get results as that wil be huge motivation for me ! Good Luck !
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! :D
    just finished my first day and i'm very happy with it. Yes, it's hard but i like it! Althou i HATE jumping jacks!

cw: 174 lbs
    gw(after 30dayshred): 168
    ugw: 140

breast: 42 inches
    weist: 32
    thighs: 46

let's do this! Woohoo :D
  • Godchilds
    Godchilds Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HEY ALL!!

START DATE 8/14/12
    START WEIGHT 218LBS

LETS SHRED SOME FAT!!!

6-10lb GOAL BY THE END OF 30SD

1ST WORKOUT WAS SUPER HARD!!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! My name is Raquel from California! I have 2 children ages 6 and 2 and I have done 30DS in the past! I got some amazing results with this workout but the last 6 weeks I fell off the wagon and gained some weight! I am ready to get back on track so bring it Jillian! I know my starting weight and will update you all later on my starting measurements! Good luck girls!

Start date: Aug 15th
    Start weight: 146.6lbs
    Bust:
    Upper waist:
    lower waist:
    hips:
    GW after 30DS: 137lbs
    UGW: 125
  • revgosik
    revgosik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. My name is Mandy and I have STARTED the Shred several times but have never finished. However, I restarted it yesterday with the dedication to make sure I finish it this time (I am also on week 3 of c25k).

Start Date: August 14
    Start weight: 193.3
    bust:-
    waist:
    hips-
    GW after30ds- 183
    UGW- 125
  • myateam4
    myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am currently doing Turbo Fire, but I will throw this in also. I am currently at 187.2 last saturday. However when I snuck a peek at my weight after the bad weekend I was 190.6. I weigh on Saturdays, so hopefully I will be back down by then!!! This is a great idea....
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! My name is Raquel from California! I have 2 children ages 6 and 2 and I have done 30DS in the past! I got some amazing results with this workout but the last 6 weeks I fell off the wagon and gained some weight! I am ready to get back on track so bring it Jillian! I know my starting weight and will update you all later on my starting measurements! Good luck girls!

Start date: Aug 15th
    Start weight: 146.6lbs
    Bust: 36"
    Upper waist: 32"
    lower waist: 37.5"
    hips: 42"
    GW after 30DS: 137lbs

Hey all I am editing this to add my measurements and also to welcome everyone to the group! By the way I did day 1 today and iit was tough but doable! Lets see what my body says tomorrow!
  • Yasmin_Pena
    Yasmin_Pena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! My name is Yasmin and I just started Jillians 30 Day Shred on Monday 8/13. Over the past months I would pick up the dvd and do it for a couple of days but never completed the full 30 days. Today must be my lucky day because I found this group and so glad were all on this together! I made it my goal to complete the challenge and Im excited! Along with the 30 day shred I will be running, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, and doing some Blogilaties videos on youtube.com.

Today will be day 3 of Level 1 and I am sore! Love the feeling, lets do this! Also feel free to add me as a friend: yasmin_pena the more friends and support the better I say!

Start Weight: 149
    Goal Weight:139
  • revgosik
    revgosik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am editing to include measurements
    Hello ladies. My name is Mandy and I have STARTED the Shred several times but have never finished. However, I restarted it yesterday with the dedication to make sure I finish it this time (I am also on week 3 of c25k).

Start Date: August 14
    Start weight: 193.3
    bust:-
    waist: 41.5
    hips-50.5
    arm (right)- 15
    GW after30ds- 183
    UGW- 125
  • valfav
    valfav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Start Date: August 15
    Start weight: 240
  • fdobson
    fdobson Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello, so excited to find other starting this shred at the same time. I started yesterday, and it was brutal. I recall a comment about heavier people than myself doing the jumping jacks, and I thought, she is absolutely right, suck it up and do it!
    Started My Fitness Pal for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago at 235 lbs, currently 223. I am a bit worried about how fast the weight has come off, but I have been workout every evening and very diligent of what I eat. I feel great, alive and full of energy :)

Glad to share support and encourgament with you all :)
  • Ndtaber9211
    Ndtaber9211 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I started the shred today 8/15
    Starting weight is 207

Here's hoping I see great results!
  • myateam4
    myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1!!! I feel great I forget how much this one makes me shake.... LOL Oh and to the person waiting on the DVD to arrive it is on Youtube in full length!
  • diettom
    diettom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi my name is mandisa, my starting weight is 81.5 kgs and 179.6 pounds
  • skittlepower
    skittlepower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Vicky and I'm 25. Currently 5'11" and 163lbs, more looking to tone up but if a bit of weight comes off who am I to complain :)
    Start date 15 August.
  • susang29
    susang29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Susan and I am going to start the Shred today - 8/16. I have been biking and doing cardio for the last two weeks, but not consistently. So, I need something like this to keep my exercising every day (and kicking my butt).

I am 42 (but feel 32), 5'5", and 167 lbs. I just want to get down to 155 lbs, and moving the scale seems impossible! I look forward to the discussions!
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Jennifer and I live in Vegas. I am on day 3 of the shred. It is tough. I have been doing turbo jam and crunch fitness dvd's. My starting weight is 181. I have read online that the change from the shred doesn't happen so much on the scale, but with the tape measure.