Best iPhone arm band

Options
Hi there,

As I am doing the Couch25K, I am looking for a band to go around my arm to hold my iPhone 4S while I run. I ordered one from Amazon called a Tune Band, but it cut into my arm and was very uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with other arm bands you want to share?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jennifer

Replies

• mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice because I carry mine in my hand so I can watch my time. But I'm curious, so I want to watch and see what others have to say. As I get stronger I probably won't be as inclined to watch my time/interval changes. :smile:
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Belkin makes an adjustable neoprene one - it has been pretty comfortable. I got it at target - I think around 30. Make sure you get the one for iPhone 4 - I got the iPod/iPhone 3 version and it doesnt fit the 4 as well as the proper one would.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I have the Belkin one also. Works good. Can still use the touch screen while in the arm band.
    Used to carry the phone in my hand till one night it slipped out of my hand as I was switching hands.....crack goes the screen.
    I'll never hold my phone again.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't have iPhone, I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note. Its HUGE. Kinda like a baby tablet. About twice the size of some cell phones.

I ordered one off Ebay call Tune Belt. It fits my phone fine, I can use the touch screen thru the clear plastic window, doesn't bother my arm at all. Held on with elastic band that is adjustable with velcro. Been using it for 3-4 weeks now.

Couldn't find anything local that was large enough to fit.
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the Belkin one also. Works good. Can still use the touch screen while in the arm band.
    Used to carry the phone in my hand till one night it slipped out of my hand as I was switching hands.....crack goes the screen.
    I'll never hold my phone again.

Oh I would cry! I definitely don't want that happening!
  • alh228
    alh228 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the Tune Band and I didn't like it at first, but I love it now. It took me a while to find the perfect spot to fasten the velcro. If I don't stretch the band out while I am putting it on it almost feels to loose, but it stays up the whole time I run. I also found out that if I shift the velcro portion to the outside of my arm, it is less irritatiing.
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have one that is made by Philips (found at WalMart). It's just a lycra "sleeve" with a pocket in it. The whole iPod Touch fits in the pocket. It doesn't pinch, slide, or jiggle, and I can throw it in the wash when it gets all sweaty. I tried the Belkin one with the velcro, but I felt it was jiggling and bouncing around too much.