#$!@%%^ pushups

Options
LoseSyra
LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
Last month when I first started 30DS, I just couldn't believe it starts with pushups even when I was young and an athlete I didn't have much arm strength. JM is satan. So, the first time, I think I was able to do 15 or 18 modified ones. I still don't like them, but feel much stronger (though there isn't much of a result in the mirror). I now am up to 18 modified push ups (on my knees) on the first set and 13 on the second set. My history with JM 30 DS, I got thru Level 1 last month, took weekends off, then did maybe 4 straight days on Level 2, got sore knees, went on vacation, gained 5 lbs and now I'm starting over. Want to lose that 5 lbs before I subject the knees to Level 2 again.

How many does everyone else do? I am 40s female.

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't count, but I do 3-4 real ones then switch to knees.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    The fact that you can count and do pushups at the same time is amazing to me. I'm just trying not to drop myself on my face.
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The fact that you can count and do pushups at the same time is amazing to me. I'm just trying not to drop myself on my face.

hahahah!!! We're in the same boat!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    lol .. funny stuff ..

I hate em - in my prime I could do 100.

Today I did 5 and it makes me mad.. which will keep me going. After I go to the knees I dont count- just go thru the set. 2nd set I think I did 3 today. =/
  • jenna0215
    Options
    I have a total knee replacement, so I can't do them on my knee :( But what my trainer taught me to do, is to do them on a desk. As I get stronger I find something lower such as a chair. Then go lower.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Push ups suck!! That is all
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I hate pushups! I just told my husband not to judge me because they are my Kryptonite....
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fo real! Push ups are no joke. My left chesticle hurts from Satan's push ups. I want to work up to doing real ones but it's a slow process.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I tried a real one this morning and almost smooshed my face on the floor, I will stick to modified.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    I tried a real one this morning and almost smooshed my face on the floor, I will stick to modified.

:laugh:
    I'm not laughing AT you.... Well, actually.... yes I am, but it's because I've totally been there :tongue:
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ You're laughing with me!!
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very funny Crystal, I won't even be attempting a "real" one until Day 6; I should probably wear a hockey mask for protection!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    For those of us struggling... I was told incline push ups help build strength to to desk ones... And they do!! I couldn't do one a few weeks ago, then I started going them off the fireplace and it has helped me now I can do 4 or 5! As for the video today I did as many as I could then switched to a plank which also helps with real push ups.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm doing balance ball push-ups for now. Legs on ball - still is hard for me, my arms and abs really feel it.
  • AngelicFrutcake
    Options
    Yesterday was day 8 for me, and I actually managed to do standard push-ups through the whole first set. (Then I moved to modified for the second set).

I was pretty excited.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Angelic- thats amazing! I did 5 and thought I was beast- but you are AWESOME- a full set is my dream goal. Congrats!
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    I can only manage the modified and my chest was so sore last night from previous ones that I couldn't even get down all the way. Jillian is evil but I am down 4.2 pounds since Tuesday. Amazing what getting off your butt will do!
  • BrendaJaneK
    Options
    I don't count, but I do 3-4 real ones then switch to knees.

I do the same. I exhaust myself doing them from my toes and then switch to my knees. Something odd about push ups - one day you just kinda break through. I found the same thing with running. Just keep pushing... it'll cllick!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I usually do the modified version BUT maybe I will try the real ones since tonight is Day 8!
  • erikalalala
    erikalalala Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had issues with my chest hurting too, talked to a friend of mine and he said you're using more of your chest or arms depending on how wide you have your hands. I modified mine so my arms are a little closer together, my chest didn't hurt as much and my arms were burning, but i had a better form and could do a lot more pushups!