I swear I'm not overthinking but....

Options
2»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I was totally thinking about this too. I had a sort of date yesterday. A met a guy at a coffee shop about a week ago, and we ended up chatting for an hour or so. I ended up asking him to meet up for coffee at the same place yesterday. Well it turned out his bff was there. So I ended up on a "date" with both of them. We talked a bit among ourselves and with the friend (he is a chatty guy and tended to share a lot). We ended up going out to dinner as a 3-some, and I ended up spending like 5 hours with them. At some point during dinner, the one I'm interested in was like, hey I feel like you know all about me, and I don't know anything about you! Tell more stories!

I am personally horrible at talking about myself. The getting to know me, shows up in random situations. I tend to be both warm and distant at the same time. It takes me a little while to share personal stuff with people, but I am open in other areas.

I vote for the different types of situations. I know personally, in some situations I reveal some things about myself. And in others, I'll reveal completely different sides. The way to get to know the full me is to see me in many different situations.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I prefer face to face talking over text or phone. I'm also a slow and steady kinda guy. I don't dive right into deep things until I've known the person for a while.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I prefer face to face talking over text or phone. I'm also a slow and steady kinda guy. I don't dive right into deep things until I've known the person for a while.

omg u sound like the guy i'm talking to right now. I was seriously starting to give up on him and then we finally talked on the phone last night. he explained that he's not good with talking or texting over phone and is much better in person about getting to know people and opening up more. well atleast i understand now but its still kind of frustrating because I am very impatient lol.

but at the same time I dont like guys who are smothering, i'm complicated i know lol.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    spending time together in various and different situations, alone, in public, in private, around friends, in frustrating situations and celebratory ones, having fun together and doing menial chores and running errands - TIME, in other words, enough TIME to see as many facets of them as possible.

and just talk.

for gods' sakes - sometimes yall just gotta be able to run your mouth together.