Fall Marathoners Unite!

Options
2»

Replies

• brandysilvers
    brandysilvers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am doing one for sure the Marine Corps Marathon in Oct.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Monumental Marathon in Indy. Ran it last year (was my first ever) and said I would never do a full again! And now I'm doing the same one again... Fun, flat course. I'm definitely training better this year, and I'm hoping my week-long carb-load during my honeymoon in Italy will help
  • josh0403
    josh0403 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chicago in October.

Probably do Fargo again next year.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm going a bit nuts with my schedule for the fall. I'm trying to complete a marathon challenge (30 States in 365 days). Here's part of my schedule:

19-Aug-2012 Drake Well Marathon (Titusville, PA)
    26-Aug-2012 Parker’s Marathon (Harrisville, WV)
    02-Sep-2012 Tupelo Marathon (Tupelo, MS)
    23-Sep-2012 Omaha Marathon (Omaha, NE)
    29-Sep-2012 Oktoberfest Marathon (Spring Lake, MI)
    06-Oct-2012 Southern Tennessee Plunge Marathon (Winchester, TN)
    14-Oct-2012 Mother Road Marathon (Joplin, MO)
    20-Oct-2012 Indianapolis Marathon (Indianapolis, IN)
    21-Oct-2012 Columbus Marathon (Columbus, OH)
    28-Oct-2012 Atlanta Marathon (Atlanta, GA)
    03-Nov-2012 Midsouth Marathon (Wynne, AR)
    04-Nov-2012 BG 26.2 (Bowling Green, KY)
    10-Nov-2012 Richmond Marathon (Richmond, VA)
    18-Nov-2012 Route 66 Marathon (Tulsa, OK)
    21-Dec-2012 End of the World Marathon (Humble, TX)
    22-Dec-2012 Day After the End of the World Marathon (Humble, TX)

That's just through the end of this year. I'm already registered for a few next year, as well. I'm trying to find a few more fillers for the open weekends on this list, but I'm pretty content with it as things stand right now if I don't find any more.

Hey, you're coming to my hometown in Sept! I'm from Spring Lake and I know you will love it here. If you need any advice, let me know, I know the area super well. I'm not running that one, as I'm running a different half the weekend before and was advised (I'm still a newish runner) not to run a half the weekend before a full. Maybe I should do the half that weekend anyway??? We'll see....
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    As for me, I'm doing my very first full on Oct 21, the Metro Health Marathon in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm doing the training and still need to register, but they don't fill up fast, so I know I'm ok. I keep checking the website!!! I've done 2 halfs so far and a 25k this past May that went really well. My goal for my first full is just to finish, but hoping to finish under 4.5 hours. Here's hoping!!!!
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late on joining the thread but saw a lot of 'marathon virgins' like me on here so I thought I would chime in. 10 days and counting- Oct 13 in Ashland WI- the Whistlestop Marathon. Like the rest of you- getting more nervous as it gets closer. Just trying to stay positive and keep repeating "I've done the training- the hard work is behind- trust the training- you will be fine". It's an easy PR since it's my first. Only wish it was closer to home so I could have more support. My 'bestie' accompanied me to my first half and it meant the world to have her at the finish.
    Good luck to everyone & how about posting some results or updates here when we are done?!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've got my 2nd marathon coming up on 28th oct. it's the Auckland marathon here in New Zealand. I did the half last year and I know the first half is hilly and 2nd half is flat. I'm nervous- I did my only other full in April and found it challenging. So my 1st goal for Auckland is to finish without praying for the grim reapers intervention before the finish line! And I'd like to get a time of 6hrs22 or less- my last one was 6hrs23, but with about 8k of walking at the end:-/
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Dallas Marathon in December. This will be my fifth, and hopefully my best! Good luck to everyone. Especially the crazy guy running 30 marathons in a year! You're my hero! :drinker:
  • Ershaffer711
    Options
    I have my very first marathon coming up November 3rd in Savannah, GA. I had joined a training group put together through a local running shop where I live, and have only raced in three 5K's previous to this. I have been learning A LOT about running and nutrition and proper gear and everything, but still feel worried about it. I hear there will be pver 20,000 runners participating. I have been having a little bit of a right knee issue these past few weeks, but completed the longest run of my life this past weekend (20.01 miles). I just hope I finish...healthy.
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will be running my first full Marathon on Nov 3rd - The Indianapolis Monumental. 20-miler tomorrow!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that has finished thier marathonand good luck to those still to run!

To the first timers: YOU CAN DO THIS!! -