Any Challenges for This Group?

Options
nannie13
nannie13 Posts: 4 Member
Hello!

Do you remember the Beatles' lyrics, "Will you still love me, will you still need me when I'm 64"? Where did the time go? I just turned 65! The best part of being 65 is the free gym memberships I am enjoying through my health insurance. I love group exercise classes ranging from step aerobics, strength training to yoga. My daughter teaches all the classes I attend except yoga. I hope to keep up with her as long as I can.

MFP along with WW is helping me stay accountable eating healthy foods. I enjoy going to the WW meetings and hearing the successes as well as the challenges people face. The beauty of it is that we all struggle in our own unique way. I have learned that I need others to stay on this healthy journey.

Does anyone have a challenge we could share in this group? I'd love to amp up my motivation as well as encourage someone.

Replies

• MABfit01
    MABfit01 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think that drinking 8 glasses of water/day is my greatest challenge.
    2nd Getting in exercise goal. I learned Biggest Loser Ranch charges $2900/wk and you exercise 5-6 hours/day!
    So, every hour of exercise is worth about $100. I'm trying to pay myself $200/day
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My daily challenge is to wake up every morning. YAAAaaaaaa, I met my challenge today!

One of the best tools that I have is logging EVERYHING that goes into my.mouth because if I don't, I slide back into bad eating. How about a challenge to log everything, every day for the rest of the month?

Another important thing for people our age is exercise, helps our heart, lungs, muiscles and bones. We could do a challenge of a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise, five days per week. We could check in on Monday's to tell our progress or lack thereof.
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    Tracking my food and doing exercise is my big challenges. Have tracked every day since Thurs and feel good about it. Think we need to set up something to keep our interest up.
  • nannie13
    Options
    Well, it appears tracking may be our group challenge. Shall we do it? Checking in on Mondays for a month seems like a good idea. We could incorporate both food and exercise tracking, adapting the exercising to our own particular needs.

I'm ready!
  • Desi1944
    Options
    I would like the challenge of committing to tracking. It's the only way I can keep on track.
  • MABfit01
    MABfit01 Posts: 25
    Options
    Met my goal!!! 10 lbs in 10 days!!! Water intake, exercise 1-2 hrs /day swimming! Daily tracking and adjusting. Not wasting the calories I put in my bank!! Gift of Health is a GIFT TO LIFE!!!!
  • nannie13
    Options
    Well, group think works! Yesterday afternoon when it was hot (no air conditioning in our Pacific Northwest home), I thought of you all who were committed to tracking and stuck with the program. For some reason, maybe it is the retired teacher in me, when there is an assignment and I'm accountable to someone, the task gets accomplished. Even on the day of rest for exercise I took a walk and spent a some time weeding the garden. So, thank you! Just being there you are helping me considerably.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Tracking has been easy the last few days. I got the hives, the pain from swollen joints, the constant itching and trying to get more than a half hour of sleep at a time has put a real damper on my hunger. I can’t exercise right now, don’t want to get overheated and sweaty.
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    It certainly pays to track. :) Really have tried to come here everyday and track and I lost 4 lb. this first week. It seemed so hard to write everything down when I went to WW but this has clicked. Hope everyone else is having an easy time coming here to track food and exercise. Looking for less fluff on my body again next week.