How did you do last week?

Options
Schmelvie
Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
I'm not ashamed to admit that my week wasn't that good. I spent 5 days with the guys at a cabin up north, which was a last minute thing on the schedule. The eating wasn't that healthy and the drinking was even worse. There are just certain events I don't have the willpower to maintain a perfectly healthy lifestyle.

But what's different this time, is that I got right back on the horse after I got back with exercise, healthy eating, and keeping my net calories under my goal. The net effect has been only a 1/2 pound gained since last week. Certainly not ideal, given our challenge, but also not devastating.

It also gave me the opportunity to see some direct effects of "cheating". It's all part of the learning process.

How did everyone else do? Don't forget to send your week 2 weigh-in via maiil message to our group host, maiello1970.

Replies

• nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't do much better then you but to me it was an up week because the week before I didn't lose a pound. I did not gain either so at least I had that satisfaction. I was sure I would since we went to my cousin's bridal shower at a very good italian restaurant. That evening we went out for her bachlorette party and you know those always involve heavy drinking, lol...

Anyways I was just happy to see the scale start moving in the right direction and I take pride in every ounce I lose because I know I will see that scale go back down to a healthy weight. After all the last 34 lbs have not just magically melted away. I worked hard for and earned them :smile:

Good luck everyone and enjoy whatever weight loss you have because you earned it and even if you didn't lose just remember it is not the end of the world and you always have the coming week to make a change!
  • adelro28
    Options
    This past week saw no change. It is possible that i have hit the dreaded plateau.
    I am amping up my workouts this week so hopefully i'll see some change for next week.
    Good luck everyone.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.4 pounds last week. Not as much as the week before, but it is something. In this last week, I added weights to my workouts, so that may have something to do with the stubbornness of the scale. Hey, if I am gaining muscle, I guess I can't complain. :wink:
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    8/1/12: 132.0
    8/8/12: 129.4
    8/1512: 129.8 :*( (I was 128.4 on Saturday though) ... ugh!

Total Loss: -2.2
  • jbutlerbolen
    Options
    Week two wasn't so good for me, either, but I did loose 1.4 lbs. As long as they go down and not up, I'll be happy. Enjoy life and loose a little every week!
  • dubcutie
    dubcutie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb this past week. I will definately have to step it up to see that weight come off!
    Starting weight 180
    Todays weight 175

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost (or gained) anything this week. I did lose 9.75 inches though! Awesome!

I did fairly well eating-wise this week. I did go to the movies, twice, and got 2 small buttered popcorn's...let me tell you, the first one was the most glorious tasting popcorn I have ever had. The second one (not in the same day...) just was "meh." I had plenty of calories to spare to eat it and stayed within range, but I think next time, I will just pass on it if I've already had one that week. LOL. I think it tastes better when it's not something you have often and then feels like a lovely indulgence.

Other than that, most of my eating was clean, I burned lots of calories doing cardio, met with a trainer at my gym and started using cables and free weights as well.

I'm battling the dreaded shin splints and will spend the next week trying to figure out what works for me as far as a remedy so that I can keep moving!
  • msschmelv
    msschmelv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound. I have made my first goal in this adventure. I'm feeling lighter just for hitting this goal. I have great support form my husband, kids and friends. I'm looking forward to my next goal to be complete!!!!
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After staying the same for a couple weeks, I finally got the scale to move again. I lost 2 1/2 this week. We didn't eat out as much, but I also didn't move as much as I could have. I am going on vacation for a few days, and have already told my husband that I need to hit the pool and the treadmill at the hotel, and eat at places where I can make good choices.
  • amarshall29
    Options
    I am still 192 lbs..... Well at least I didn't gain.. Because I didn't exercise as much as I should have and I ate sooo bad over the weekend. So to still be 192 I am glad :-)
  • jwnickel
    Options
    Starting Weight: 207

Week 1: 203 lbs
    Week 2 : 200.8 lbs

Total Loss: 6.2 lbs
  • his777angel
    his777angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a good week for me either. Started out strong, but then went to a family dinner and continued to over eat over a 2 day period. I lost my will power. Here's to a better week for us all!!!! Congrats to those who had a good week!!!!!

8/1 SW: 175
    8/8 CW: 173.5 (-1.5)
    8/15 CW: 172.5 (I was at 172 on Saturday )

Total Loss: -2.5
  • pompom826
    pompom826 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    SW: 140
    W1: 140
    W2: 140

I am so incredibly frustrated with this plateau that has now plagued me for over a month now. I'm generally eating better than ever, steadily exercising and drinking enough water to fill a bathtub daily. Please send positive weightloss vibes in my direction I could certainly use them!
  • Jane0322
    Jane0322 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sad to say I'm going in the wrong direction :frown: , and though I wish you all a success, I do feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one that didn't have a good weigh in this week. :wink: And like some of us, I have my excuses. I was away at the beach this weekend, went to an all day free concert for Jerry Garcia Feast, and did a little to much partying, yeah even old ladies like me still kick up their heals sometimes.:happy: I thought the dancing would burn off the calories from the drinks and the food I had but I guess I didn't shake my booty enough. :laugh: :happy: I think I'm still in that frame of mind that thinks, it's ok to cheat a bit when your on vacation, at a party, having a bad day, celebrating something, bored, feeling sorry for yourself, stressed out, over worked, tired, etc. The excuses I give myself can be endless when I really want to go off and eat whatever I feel like. Knowing that when I come back to my senses I'm going to feel the guilt of self sabotaging and have to face the consequences. I don't think I'm alone in this kind of mind game. I think it's a matter of staying concious, stopping before you give into temptation and thinkiing about the consquences, and the out come if you don't stick to your plan.
    I joined MFP for accountablity and motivation, so here is the accoutablity part, I added 2 pounds on to my body this week and I'm totally responsible for that. This week I'm going to work on staying concious of my goals and sticking to my food plan and exercise schedule. GO TEAM!!!! :bigsmile:
  • davids122
    Options
    SW - 215lbs
    Week 1 - 213.5lbs
    Week 2 - 213lbs

Despite cycling 49 miles in the last week - the most I've EVER done in a week, half a pound lost is very disappointing :( I'm finding it hard just now due to being really busy and having to eat on the run or at the wrong times and thats making things really difficult.
  • Vsanchez15
    Options
    Last week was tough, I did fit in and actually exceeded my excersize goals, my eating was good, over the weekend I stayed under or close to my caloric goals. I didnt get a chance to weigh myself today, totally forgot and today was a total mess! Planned 2 parties for my daughters 3rd birthday and arranged a 40th wedding anniversay all within 5 days... so if the excersize didnt cut it for me this week, hopefully the stress did! Good luck everyone! I might be to late to weign in by the time i get home, but I will post a new thread for the late weigher inners!

Keep up all the hard work!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Starting: 136
    Week 1: 134
    Week 2: 133 (was 132 on Sunday)

Total loss: 3
  • ASchaffer23
    ASchaffer23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    SW:143
    W1:140
    W2: 139.4

Total loss: 3.6 lbs
  • mwilliams1974
    Options
    Start 197
    W1 193.5
    W2 191.5
    Cumulative 5.5

Happy with my progress but currently on an all inclusive holiday in Cyprus so expecting some damage when I get back although I've been eating pretty healthily and maintained some good CV training to try and keep the lbs impact to a minimum.
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, the honesty. It was refreshing to read these posts. Folks tearin it up and those who, um, vacationed. That'd SOOO be me.

Went to the beach all last week and it was... non-disciplined, shall we say? Honestly thought about quitting this group, as I think I waaay botched my ten pounds. But quitting sucks!

Here's to strong finishes, whatever the numbers may be!! Maybe it'll just be five or six pounds, but that's five or six in the right direction!! WOOT!!!