To Rest or not to Rest?

Options
newmooon56
newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
I have no reason to stop. My schedule would allow me to get all 30 days in- well, 30 days! However- I think I am stiffening up and maybe a rest day is in order.

Some background: Im 40- trying to lose about 15# or so (that number probably changes every time I post..lol) I have been working out hard before 30DS so its not new to me to jump and sweat.

I would like to just plow ahead and finish in 30. I have ZERO desire to stop- but I do know rest days are important.
I am following on youtube and if there is instructions before the work out (if you bought it new) then I may have missed something?

NOT DUE TO SCHEDULE- how many of you are putting a rest day or 2 in on purpose? Im curious if Im doing it wrong by doing 30 straight. Do I assume we change muscle groups when we change lvls?

Another thought I had is - if Im still modifying moves do I go to lvl 2? Or stick on 1 until I can REALLLLY do this the way Jillian would?

What say you Shredders?
Thanks all :)

Replies

• jennbeaudry
    Options
    I have done all the levels, not over 30 days and I actually like the modified level 3 workout the best. I am doing it 4 times a week, and then the days in between I do exercise but not at the same intensity. I would probably kill myself if I had to listen to Jillian every day, that love hate relationship. I will be doing 5 days on each level this way.

I have the DVD and it does say to do it for 30 days, I guess it is up to you but I would change level after 10 days just to change up the routine.

I am with you on the stiffness....
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Regardless what people choose to do, it is still a great workout. I am actually thinking about doing level 1 for a month then level 2 for a month then level 3 for a month. It is just a thought. I want to be able to do the whole workout with no breaks and no modifications before moving on but may become bored and curious what the next level will bring.

I am planning on sundays as a rest day but it also depends on my diet and how I am doing sticking to my calories.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I want to do it 30 days without a rest, now whether my body and schedule allow me I don't know. I read somewhere on MFP that the best thing for muscle stiffness/soreness is to keep working out--something about helps lactic acid move around? Now I don't know how true that is but just something I read. Maybe do a forum search on it?
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding. I will try to continue. All I can do is take it day by day and see how I feel. If I find Im feeling down right crappy I will rest. I have not done day 6 yet- but plan on it before I have to go to work tonite.

Good luck Shredders- keep going!
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want to do it 30 days without a rest, now whether my body and schedule allow me I don't know. I read somewhere on MFP that the best thing for muscle stiffness/soreness is to keep working out--something about helps lactic acid move around? Now I don't know how true that is but just something I read. Maybe do a forum search on it?

Yes, I have read that some where also, to keep going if you have the muscle soreness. I am not sure if I am going to do it straight, my knees are kinda hurting a little and now I have a cold. We'll see how I feel when I get home tonight.