Doc appt: Good, bad and Ugly

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hi all,

I am TTD and was DX back in 2044-2005. I have been seeing an endo since then. Long story short, I had a crazy job in another state for past 2 years and so didn't see her. Went back today--not a pleasant interpersonal Experience. First. I leaned that she had denied my request via ins.company TWICE in last 3 weeks for a new meter and test supplies.(old one broke). However, Ins. company didn't know this somehow so I had to go out and pay for my own supplies prior to appt. after paying a large co-pay to ins.company.

She also failed to order an AIC for me prior to this appt. However, her office called two weeks ago telling me to have my blood tested prior to the meeting. When I showed up at Lab for the Blood test this week, there was no order for it. Only for a thyroid test! I had the lab draw a vial of blood for an AIC and had to sign a form so that they could call her and get her permission for the AIC.

But, when I show up for the appt.today-- NO AIC Test results. She claims she was never called but then says she refuses to order tests or RX for people who don't see her more frequently than I have.

So, the only data I had to go on was the 3 days of testing I had done. She said I was NOT eating ENOUGH carbs -even though I have lost almost 9 lbs in the past 3-4 weeks with MFP and low carbing.

The good: I have gone from 226 lbs to 212 in these two years that I haven't seen her and my BS are better than they were since I started Low Carb just recently.

My BP was also the lowest its ever been in my entire life-- 105/63--not sure what to attribute that to (It was 130/70 at my gyno appt last week). Maybe because I am losing water weight?

Also, it turns out that a urinalysis done last year by my cardiologist--another doc in the same system-- showed high protein in urine for first time but no one ever informed me of this!!!!

Needless to say, the experience was very stressful for me! I am considering dropping her-she even suggested it-but I decided to stick it out for the next few months until I can get a New AIC and meet with their Dietician and NP.

Anyway, this is a rant-sorry! Am I over reacting do you think? Need some feedback! We pay a LOT of money for our insurance and this service stinks!

Thanks!

mdp

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I would defeintely find another doctor. I left mine cuz he didn't accept alternatives to taking pills for my diabetes.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'd start looking for a new doctor immediately.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    New doctor, definitely! I would be upset, too - that sounds like a very disorganized office!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    The dr. should be happy you are trying to get back on track with your appts etc. Punishing you by withholding a meter and A1C seems very juvenile. I would find a new dr. If you can't at least work with your dr. what is the point in seeing them?
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    New doc....start fresh with no bad blood. With a doctor though, part ofit is seeing them and building a solid relationship!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    RUN Don't walk to find a new Doctor. This one sounds like their mind is made up and their way is the only way. Also, channel your inner bi**h. Don't let her intimidate you or talk down to you. You know your body, she does not. She should not have punished you either especially since you were in another state. I would also consider reporting her to the medical board. No one should treat people that way.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of endocrinologists out there. Find one that works WITH you and not against you. :)