Portions and weighing

Options
I just got my food scale today. My 3 oz of pulled pork was actually 6 just for starters. How many of you measure and weigh your journaled foods?

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    When I first got my food scale I weighed and measured everything! Then I fizzled out... but now I'm starting to use it again... I may have fallen off the wagon and gained 6 pounds.... so I'm trying to jump back on.

Its amazing how much of a difference there is between what we think is a serving and what is actually a serving.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure but it is still new to me! It helps me catch my 1/4 burger that is really a half pound! I got over weight by eating too much and this helps me realize portion sizes does matter.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I weighed proteins for a couple months until I got a good feel for it.
    Veggies were all I could eat and made sure to make my protein servings 5-10 oz depending on my workload.
  • jodester13
    jodester13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weighed or measured everything I could when I was logging my food. I wanted to be as accurate as possible on my logs. Now that I'm doing the 30 day challenge - I'm not weighing or measuring anything. I'm finally getting use to it -- but I still think about how much I'm eating. I'll probably go back to weighing and measuring after this challenge - at least to spot check myself.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh and measure EVERYTHING. I haven't done either for 2 weeks now. I don't even log my food right now:)

I think it's a great to do while you're starting out or until you can eyeball things better.
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I thought that I was pretty good at eyeballing things, but I was off significantly (over and under), most notably with my protein. I weigh an measure everything now.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am never consistent with weighing my food. I have definitely underestimate before usually on those sweet potatoes.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale and love it. Definitely keeps things in check...