Let's talk about kissing!

Options
Laura_Suzie
Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
As someone who has never been kissed, I find kissing mysterious and fascinating. I would like to know what you consider a good kiss and also how you should "jump into" a kiss. Especially from the guys, but I would like to hear the ladies' responses as well...

I would also like to hear your kissing stories! It could be the story of your first kiss, best kiss, worst kiss, most memorable, etc.

I know I'm a huge nerd for making this thread, but enlighten me! :wink:

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My first two kisses I still remember... lol... first one, age 6, to my then "boyfriend" Gary, when kissing was all the rage amonst the neighborhood kids. The next week, a little 4 year old boy named Freddie offered to show all the girls how to "French Kiss" <insert oos and ahs from the kiddos." When it was my turn, I was so thoroughly disgusted by his tounge in my mouth I sworre off kissing for a long, long time. Thank goodness I eventually got over that, lol!!!

I, personally, think kissing is a very good indicator of a man's personality- once he knows how to kiss, it's almost like a representation of how he treats you in other areas. Whether he's even taken the time to learn tells you something.

I'm sure kissing comes naturally to some people, but anyone whos's seen that famous virgin diaries wedding kiss knows that some folks really need to practice.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation to Mexico to visit family for 1 month and when I returned, my girlfriend at the time got mad at me and thought I cheated on her. ( I didn't ) Her reasoning? My kissing had improved. I went from being good to being great at it, thus I must have been kissing other girls while in Mexico. I think she missed me and it was her way of saying so.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm sure kissing comes naturally to some people, but anyone whos's seen that famous virgin diaries wedding kiss knows that some folks really need to practice.

Oh lord. My eyes still haven't recovered from that. :noway:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Lol ok since I miss kissing I'll answer this one.

1. First kiss, I was in 3rd year university so just about to turn 21..it was the fall. Our university football team had made it to the national finals...and lost but it was still a shocker. Me and my best friend decided win or lose we were going out to celebrate.
    We met her future husband lol..and dragged him and a friend to another bar (only 2 in my town worth going to) and they were getting friendly I was plastered. Some random guy asked me to dance (which never happened) and so we both were dancing, the guy was leaning his face into mine and staring at my mouth alot. I got my friends attention and mouthed to her "I think he wants to Kiss me!!!" lol I was shocked. Anyway long story short I just let him. I don't remember his name, I don't really remember if I liked that first one...(which is why I'm encouraging you to take control and kiss a guy of your choosing while reasonably sober)...Lol

2. Next kiss was with said best friends ex bf I was not expecting it either. In retrospect he had always been alittle flirty with me..but I never thought I was attractive back then. Anyway 2 weeks after that last story he had been at the same bar and was talking to me..just friendly I thought. He wasn't a bad guy..just not right for my friend and we had always been friendly. He was like lets dance..sure I'm still clueless. And he said he would walk me home..again clueless.(did I mention he was a jock and still the hottest man who ever showed any interest in me lol) Anyway half way home he's like aren't you going to kiss me? I stopped short and was like WTF. and he planted one on me..lol He was a good kisser..Not too agressive at first not forcing his tongue on me..ect. Not slobbery. We made out in a snow bank for about 30mins haha. Nothing ever happened after than though. But I remembered his name :)

Now I am a big big fan of kissing..its different with every guy..you'll find out what turns you on when you start doing it. Some people don't like kissing some do! Personally I need someone who can do the teenage make out sessions..lol not all the time but that is my happy place with the right person. I was a late bloomer but oh when I like something I become good at it.
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I was in 2nd grade I had a girlfriend from the first grade. We liked to hold each other's hands and kissed a couple times. But then she left me for a 3rd grader with a jeans jacket. I guess she liked bad boys :D

As for how you get into a first kiss, I watch her reactions. I like to tease her and make her laugh to get her attracted. Then if it feels right, I'll start escalating physically. Maybe I'll say she smells nice, and then back away. If she likes it, I'll wait a couple minutes and get a little closer, or slowly alternate my gaze between her eyes and her lips, or throw in some playful double-entendres, and then back away again. If she likes it I might do something like ask her about her necklace or earrings and use that as an excuse to lightly stroke her neck or her ear while we maintain eye contact. If she likes that too, she has pretty much told me she wants to kiss, so I do.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My first real kiss was in high school, but I dont' remember much about it. I do remember my friends told me later that my boyfriend told them I was good, but needed more practice.

A few years later---3 years---I ran into him again, and we started hanging out--we broke up amicably, so we were still friendly, Then one night we were at a friends' house and we started kissing again, and he looked at me and said "wow....i don't remember you being this good at kissing!!" Could have been a line, or could have been that I had improved :)
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    While I don't recollect any "particular" kisses, I've had a few that made my toes curl. Yummy! Kissing is my absolute favorite thing to do. Its sexy, sensual and intimate. It can be fast/intense or slow/easy or anywhere in between. All about the mood at the time. I think if you find someone who is an exceptional kisser (toe curler), you have found someone who genuinely wants to please their partner and truly enjoys the intimacy of it all. Not just going through the motions to reach "the promised land".

Highly recommend gettin' your smooch on! :wink:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The best kisses make me tremble, and make my knees weak. They usually have been built up for a really long time.
  • kcpsu18
    kcpsu18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love when I find a good kisser!! I don't like tongue. A little is ok.
    my first camp was in the middle of the woods. I think I was 13 he drooled all over me. My worse kiss was my second year in college. The guy was actually licking my face, ewwwh.
    My current most favorite kiss came from a man who just got a silver medal in the olympics. mmmh :love:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...it's probably one of my favorite things!

Kisses are so versatile...they say:
    hello!
    good bye
    HOW YOU DOIN'??
    I missed you
    ...and so much more!

They can be short and sweet, light and flirty, hot and heavy, heart-stopping, butterfly-inducing...the list goes on and on and on.

There is so much anticipation leading up to that first kiss with someone! Which way do you tilt your head? Do I put my arms around his neck or his waist? Does he kiss with his eyes open? Is he going to be sweet or viciously attack my facial region with his tongue? hahahhaha

To me is it a whole different form of communitcation...it really throws me off if I'm dating someone who isn't a good kisser :(

I think my worst kiss was in 9th grade. My friend, Nicole and I were dating 2 guys who were friends. Troy and Shaun. The guys took us to a movie (The Bodyguard) and at some point, Shaun leaned in for our first kiss together...groooossssssss! I just remember his tongue being lumpy and his spit was really cold...blech! He wasn't my first kiss, and thank goodness not my last!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I feel like Drew Barrymore in "Never Been Kissed"... of course I HAVE been... but never like I'd like to be. **Crosses fingers** Still hoping to really feel something special some day. Wouldn't say that was true for the few guys I've been involved with :grumble:

I will say I love the scruffy look on guys, but the last guy I kissed with scruff hurt like heck, haha :laugh:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I will say I love the scruffy look on guys, but the last guy I kissed with scruff hurt like heck, haha :laugh:

Oh but that's such a fun reminder the next day when you're re-applying chapstick 20 times an hour! :bigsmile:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Let's see... I went out on a second date last night and the guy was a decent kisser... Very soft and passionate but enough "animal" in there to get the body rush...

Worst kiss... Hmmmm. Probably my first and I don't remember his name. But I was so nervous and self conscious that I was not good.... I'm sure. My ex-husband -- not one of the best kissers... this should have been a red flag.

Also, I don't believe in good and bad kissers... I believe in COMPATIBLE kissers. I totally dig the way my firefighter guy-friend kisses. He is unbelievably good. A good kiss will escalate your passion and desire into much, much more... it'll make you want to rip your partner's clothes off.... or maybe that's just how they make me feel. :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have had kisses like the one on the Virgin Diaries wedding kiss - oh yeah never again after that

5 years ago I dated a guy, who his kiss made me weak in the knees, made my body quiver. Sadly haven't had a kiss with that effect since.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kissing is something that helps me decide if a relationship is going to work out. If I don't get that "weak in the knees" feeling, I question chemistry.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Oh but that's such a fun reminder the next day when you're re-applying chapstick 20 times an hour! :bigsmile:

Hahaha that's true. I felt like I had carpet burn on my face though...not that I minded the next morning, haha :bigsmile:

But, as fun as that is, I'll keep dreaming about a man who actually COULD make me go weak in the knees... ahhh....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The best kisses make me tremble, and make my knees weak.

This^^^

slow and soft and sensual with your lips barely touching, teasing lips and tongues, building up into insatiable passion - OMG!! :love:

Yeah, its a compatiblity thing - only really 2 or 3 guys have kissed 'my' perfect kiss. The rest were ok. The worst was slobbery, deep throat globules of saliva!!......urgh!!....:noway:

Whatever you do, dont stick your tongue down his throat! :laugh:

Practice on your hand!! :wink:
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options

slow and soft and sensual with your lips barely touching, teasing lips and tongues, building up into insatiable passion - OMG!! :love:

Wow. That's an awesome description.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Soft lip kisses are the ultimate! I love kissing! Sometimes even more than sex. Actually the boy that I just stopped seeing was the best kisser ever!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Wow. That's an awesome description.

I know! Anna .. you make me want to kiss you!! hahahaha!