It's Friday!

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Working mostly this evening :yawn:

Hen doo tomorrow - lots of bubbles and fun at a bar along the embankment (Thames). :drinker:

Sunday - recovery! :sick:

WTH is a Hen doo??

Oooop sorry my American friend, it's a bachelorette party!! A friend who's getting married. We call her the Hen and the groom is the Stag. So Hen party (all girls) and Stag party (all guys).

'doo' is another word for a party or event/occasion.

:bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Well .. I am off from work until next Thursday! I am soooooo excited about that. I am going to do some cleaning tomorrow .. then ..

ugh .. I have a date. It is with a boy that I have been friends with for a long time .. but never really considered dating. I was telling him about my latest breakup and he said .. finally! I laughed .. of course. He said he wanted to ask me out after my divorce, but didn't want to be a rebound guy or the first guy I dated after my divorce. He said he was waiting for me to be single again to ask me out. haha! He has waited for like a year to ask me out .. I didn't even know he liked me. Anyway .. we are going to dinner tomorrow night. I am nervous and a little bit weirded out .. because he was a friend so long I don't know how this will go. But .. I figure he is cute and sweet .. why not. Only thing is .. he is in the Marines. I usually have a rule about dating military because of the whole deployment thing .. but, he is a recruiter so he is local for at least 3 years .. so .. wish me luck. Can you tell I am nervous .. I just gave you my life story with this man and we haven't even had a date yet. oy.

Oh wow!! Sounds way cool. You might see him in a different light and wanna rip his clothes off. Orrrrr you might think it's like kissing your brother........can't wait to hear which!! :bigsmile: Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Well .. I am off from work until next Thursday! I am soooooo excited about that. I am going to do some cleaning tomorrow .. then ..

ugh .. I have a date. It is with a boy that I have been friends with for a long time .. but never really considered dating. I was telling him about my latest breakup and he said .. finally! I laughed .. of course. He said he wanted to ask me out after my divorce, but didn't want to be a rebound guy or the first guy I dated after my divorce. He said he was waiting for me to be single again to ask me out. haha! He has waited for like a year to ask me out .. I didn't even know he liked me. Anyway .. we are going to dinner tomorrow night. I am nervous and a little bit weirded out .. because he was a friend so long I don't know how this will go. But .. I figure he is cute and sweet .. why not. Only thing is .. he is in the Marines. I usually have a rule about dating military because of the whole deployment thing .. but, he is a recruiter so he is local for at least 3 years .. so .. wish me luck. Can you tell I am nervous .. I just gave you my life story with this man and we haven't even had a date yet. oy.

Good luck and try to just have fun!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Oh wow!! Sounds way cool. You might see him in a different light and wanna rip his clothes off. Orrrrr you might think it's like kissing your brother........can't wait to hear which!! :bigsmile: Good Luck :flowerforyou:

LOL! I know! I guess we will find out! I am very nervous.. which is weird .. I have never been nervous around him before. Oh .. did I forget to mention .. the man is seriously BUFF. Like muscles like you wouldn't believe. He has abs people. Like abs you can see. When he flexes his arm muscles .. ugh. Why in heavens name would he want to date me?? I seriously don't get it .. but whatever. I have learned not to question people. They are in charge of themselves.

Good luck and try to just have fun!

Thank you! I will try! I tend to get really really chatty when I get nervous. Ugh. I don't know why this is so different .. we have known each other for two years!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Working mostly this evening :yawn:

Hen doo tomorrow - lots of bubbles and fun at a bar along the embankment (Thames). :drinker:

Sunday - recovery! :sick:

WTH is a Hen doo??

Oooop sorry my American friend, it's a bachelorette party!! A friend who's getting married. We call her the Hen and the groom is the Stag. So Hen party (all girls) and Stag party (all guys).

'doo' is another word for a party or event/occasion.

:bigsmile:

Seriously? Huh .. never would have guessed that! lol
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm currently sitting in BWI waiting for my flight home. Tomorrow is haircut, hopefully spend time with my niece, and Expendables 2 with friend(s?). Sunday is laundry and repacking for a 5am flight Monday morning to South Carolina. Think I am supposed to spend some time with family for my birthday too. Was supposed to be tonight but a 6 hour delay out of Greenland killed that.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I start my new job tomorrow/work my first night shift tomorrow! I'm so nervous!
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having a few adult beverages while using the US Airways in-flight wifi as I fly to MN. Land at midnight...what an exciting Friday night!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having a few adult beverages while using the US Airways in-flight wifi as I fly to MN. Land at midnight...what an exciting Friday night!

I'm jealous you were on US Airways!!! I was stuck with Southwest.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Last night went very well with Mr. Nice Guy. :blushing: :bigsmile: Very well. No sex but that was mostly due to the fact that the kids were home and I'm not quiet ready for that with them home. We watched Mission Impossible Ghost protocol. It was pretty good except for the fact that I cant get over how strange Tom Cruise looks when he runs lol. Then we just sat on the couch and watch TV til 3 am and talked and made out. I honestly have to say now that hes coming out of his shell hes becoming more and more attractive to me. I've been walking around with a goofy smile all day. He might be coming over tonight to hang out.... Also now that schools starting this week I wont be going out as much when the kids are home during the week cause I have to get up to damn early lol :yawn:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Last night went very well with Mr. Nice Guy. :blushing: :bigsmile: Very well. No sex but that was mostly due to the fact that the kids were home and I'm not quiet ready for that with them home. We watched Mission Impossible Ghost protocol. It was pretty good except for the fact that I cant get over how strange Tom Cruise looks when he runs lol. Then we just sat on the couch and watch TV til 3 am and talked and made out. I honestly have to say now that hes coming out of his shell hes becoming more and more attractive to me. I've been walking around with a goofy smile all day. He might be coming over tonight to hang out.... Also now that schools starting this week I wont be going out as much when the kids are home during the week cause I have to get up to damn early lol :yawn:
    Aw... that sounds like such a nice night. :heart: I really liked that movie too - I didn't notice Tom cruise running in a strange way though. Maybe I run funny myself. LOL!