How many times a week do you do bodypump?

Options
marapalumbo
marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
I've been pretty consistent with doing bodypump 3 times a week and it's working well for me. Lately, though, I've been really uninspired to go to class and have been thinking about cutting back to 2 days a week. If you do less than 3 days, have you noticed you are still able to see results? If you're at 3 days, like me, do you ever go through phases where you don't feel like going?

Replies

• isharpe25
    isharpe25 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been doing Body Pump twice a week since July 2011 and have seen great results! Taking Body Combat (I'm also a certified instructor) a couple times of week also helps.
  • marapalumbo
    Options
    I enjoy Body Combat, too! My gym used to offer a 45 minute bodypump followed by a 45 minute bodycombat and it was a great workout. And fun.
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try for 2 times a week. I like doing a class called "Definitions" on the third day. Honestly, some weeks I only do two classes.

I was obsessed with Body Pump 79 but dig this new 82 one. I had a rough time with 80 & 81 being kind of "boring". I find switching up instructors works a little. Not sure if you have that option, but my gym has 8 or 9 Body Pumps a week.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    2 times a week. I keep *meaning* to do a third class each week but to do so I'd have to wake up at 8am on Saturday. So far that hasn't happened lol. Yes, I'm seeing results with just two... I've recently went up on my squats. chest and biceps.
  • marapalumbo
    Options
    I find switching up instructors works a little. Not sure if you have that option, but my gym has 8 or 9 Body Pumps a week.

We have multiple instructors and classes, too. You're right, when I went to a new instructor on Monday, it was a really good workout. I think her style kept me engaged more than some of the instructors I've been going to. For the first time in a long time I was sore the next day!
  • brittfj
    brittfj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible time keeping motivation if i get into a routine with my workouts. I go to body pump once a week usually and take other classes or just go to the gym on my own for the rest of the week. Maybe just try switching up to different classes for a few weeks and then going back to your 3 a week?
  • alithepom
    alithepom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi... I've been regularly doing BodyPump and BodyCombat for 11 years!! Sometimes, when I get unmotivated and don't want to go any more I take a week or two off from that particular class.

THEN, when I return - I'm like "gee, I miss this! It's great"

I think having the odd break now again, or changing your classes from time to time, will help relieve that stagnant feeling you get with your classes. Chop and change it up now and again - your body will thank you for it.
  • alivilas
    alivilas Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to do it 3 times a week. Sometimes the instructors change it a bit because they seem to get bored doing the exact same routine each time.
  • EyeBite
    EyeBite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've gone 3-4 times a week for 3 months. When I first started I was going 5X a week,I liked it so much, but then I learned how that was a no no. What keeps me motivated is not staying stuck in at the same weight. Body pump would get awfully ba ba boring if I did. I see these ladies lifting their 2 donuts every class and I wonder why:yawn: . Wouldn't the class be much more interesting and wouldn't it be much more fun to challenge themselves if they did more? I'm actually thinking about doing pump 1X a week and hitting the weight floor 2-3X a week doing 'New Rules of Weight Lifting For Women'.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere (on a Les Mills forum, I think) that the suggestions were 1-2 times a week for maintenance, and 3 times for change. I'm sure if you really push yourself doing all the high options (eg. full squat jumps in track 7, push ups on toes etc.) and increasing weights you would see results from 2x per week, but 3x seems to be optimum for me although I haven't done it much lately. I actually bought myself a set of barbells for home so I can do a similar kind of thing just in case I can't get to a class. I would also like to combine pump with heavy weights low reps in the gym to optimize my training, otherwise I just can't see any way I am ever going to increase my tricep strength which is pretty non-existent.