Need help with activity level!

Options
BlondieBride
BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
I am having trouble deciding whether I sould be eating for moderate or strenuous, which is a 200 calorie difference per day. My activity level is as follows:

Monday: chest, back and abs circuit (30 mins)
Tuesday: 50 min walk/jog (5k) with my son and husband
Wednesday: shoulders, biceps, triceps and legs (40 mins)
Thursday: 50 min walk/jog with my son and husband
Friday: 40 min easy walk with my son and HIIT sprints and hill runs (20 mins)
Saturday: legs and glutes (40 mins)
Sunday: rest

Sometimes I will go out for a walk also on Monday's for about 30 mins. Some days it just feels like 1850 cal (based off moderate intensity) isnt enough calories and I can still be hungry at the end of the day. It can vary each week but I usually work out from 4.5-5.5 hours. Thoughts?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble deciding whether I sould be eating for moderate or strenuous, which is a 200 calorie difference per day. My activity level is as follows:

Monday: chest, back and abs circuit (30 mins)
    Tuesday: 50 min walk/jog (5k) with my son and husband
    Wednesday: shoulders, biceps, triceps and legs (40 mins)
    Thursday: 50 min walk/jog with my son and husband
    Friday: 40 min easy walk with my son and HIIT sprints and hill runs (20 mins)
    Saturday: legs and glutes (40 mins)
    Sunday: rest

I would suggest moderate.

Sometimes I will go out for a walk also on Monday's for about 30 mins. Some days it just feels like 1850 cal (based off moderate intensity) isnt enough calories and I can still be hungry at the end of the day. It can vary each week but I usually work out from 4.5-5.5 hours. Thoughts?
  • BlondieBride
    Options
    Lucia, you didn't reply?
  • kxZyle
    kxZyle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    She put " I would suggest moderate." in the middle. I didn't see it at first, either.
  • BlondieBride
    Options
    Lol thanks!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I agree moderate.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I would go moderate and if you find that you are still in I'm starving mode after a week or so to up you calories again. Don't know how much weigh you are pulling on your lifting routines but if it is really heavy you are burning more. Make sure you protein leves are at least 1 gm per pound of lean body mass.
  • BlondieBride
    Options
    I weigh roughly 130lbs and eat around 140-160g protein per day. I am still losing weight consistently so I will stick with what I'm doing and just eat more if need be!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I would also do moderate.