Girls who are 5'3 and 125lbs. Any tips?

Options
BluthLover
BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
Hello! If you are 5'3 and 125 I would love your help. How did you get there? How many calories do you eat per day? How long have you maintained? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When I started, I was around 124lbs and I'm 5'3. I got down to around 105 by eating 1200 calories and running 3x a week. I started sometime in February and was done around July. Now I am eating at maintenance, but still running.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair under 5'3 started at 162lbs and I'm now 120lbs. My main form of exercise has been Beachbody workouts like p90x, BBL and now Insanity plus walking. I eat 1520 cal on non workout days and 1750 on more active days.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair under 5'3 started at 162lbs and I'm now 120lbs. My main form of exercise has been Beachbody workouts like p90x, BBL and now Insanity plus walking. I eat 1520 cal on non workout days and 1750 on more active days.
    I'm not 5'3 but this sounds about right depending on what how long and what you're doing for your workout of course. I'm 5'7 and eat 1700 on days I don't move and upwards to 3xxx on days I do.
  • koalabanana
    koalabanana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3..... My highest weight was 130 lb which was August 2011. I got to around 122 lb in a 6 weeks, by a number of ways, it was mainly through my diet!
    I avoided oil at all costs, so never fried, always baked. Switched to the lightest options I could find, so extra light butter/cheeses, skimmed milk/, extra lean mince, skinless chicken breast etc.
    Watching my carbs was a BIG factor. I switched to malted danish bread, which was 50 calories a slice, if I ever ate rice/pasta it would always be brown, and I would only ever have a small portion, like 150 calories worth with every meal, but I would bulk up the meal with other things. EG. when cooking spaghetti, I would peel a courgette into strips so it would resemble a tagliatelle type shape and would mix it in with the pasta, to bulk it up! I would eat sugary things, but would always choose the lower calorie alternative!
    Exercise wise, I did Jilian Michaels 30 day shred, and zumba and sometimes I would go out for runs!

A year later, I've kept it all off, and lost more! I am currently around 112 llb. I got down to 106 lb 2 months ago, however I've been on 2 vacations this summer and lots of family gatherings, weddings etc. so I have gone up 6 lb, but I will get back down, but I'm not too bothered because I look so much better than I was last year, and I will never go back to that again!! :D xxxxxx
  • BluthLover
    Options
    I'm 5'3..... My highest weight was 130 lb which was August 2011. I got to around 122 lb in a 6 weeks, by a number of ways, it was mainly through my diet!
    I avoided oil at all costs, so never fried, always baked. Switched to the lightest options I could find, so extra light butter/cheeses, skimmed milk/, extra lean mince, skinless chicken breast etc.
    Watching my carbs was a BIG factor. I switched to malted danish bread, which was 50 calories a slice, if I ever ate rice/pasta it would always be brown, and I would only ever have a small portion, like 150 calories worth with every meal, but I would bulk up the meal with other things. EG. when cooking spaghetti, I would peel a courgette into strips so it would resemble a tagliatelle type shape and would mix it in with the pasta, to bulk it up! I would eat sugary things, but would always choose the lower calorie alternative!
    Exercise wise, I did Jilian Michaels 30 day shred, and zumba and sometimes I would go out for runs!

A year later, I've kept it all off, and lost more! I am currently around 112 llb. I got down to 106 lb 2 months ago, however I've been on 2 vacations this summer and lots of family gatherings, weddings etc. so I have gone up 6 lb, but I will get back down, but I'm not too bothered because I look so much better than I was last year, and I will never go back to that again!! :D xxxxxx

Awesome !!! Congrats and thanks for the tips. I appreciate everyone taking time to answer and help me out!
  • thewinged
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 130lbs. And this is normal for me! I am a naturally curvy body type, so if I weighed any less than 125 I'd be starving. I'm more concerned about building and maintaining muscle than losing weight. I generally lead an active lifestyle, exercising every day. My food diary is public, so feel free to take a peak. I AM trying to eat healthier though - my nutrition at the moment sucks. I need more veggies.

But anyways - just remember that not everyone has a stick-thin body type! My wide hip bones prevent that. Be realistic with your own body :)

(Though I am not trying to undermine anyone's hard work - congrats to those who have achieved a healthy body shape and lifestyle :D)
  • BluthLover
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 130lbs. And this is normal for me! I am a naturally curvy body type, so if I weighed any less than 125 I'd be starving. I'm more concerned about building and maintaining muscle than losing weight. I generally lead an active lifestyle, exercising every day. My food diary is public, so feel free to take a peak. I AM trying to eat healthier though - my nutrition at the moment sucks. I need more veggies.

But anyways - just remember that not everyone has a stick-thin body type! My wide hip bones prevent that. Be realistic with your own body :)

(Though I am not trying to undermine anyone's hard work - congrats to those who have achieved a healthy body shape and lifestyle :D)

Thanks so much!! Good luck on your goals that's awesome :)