Introduce yourself...

Options
amgchick
amgchick Posts: 32 Member
Please introduce yourself to the group!

I'm Stacie and I'm in Phase 2 of Les Mills PUMP! This is definitely my soul mate workout. I've tried all different types of workouts but this one certainly struck a chord where others had not. I feel stronger and am seeing definition where I hadn't seen definition after years of trying! I plan to do another round when I complete this first round.

Replies

• cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm Chris. I didn't know Bodypump had phases. I take the class at my local Y. I started 3 weeks ago and got addicted. I go 3 times per week, then do cardio the other 3 days. I'm to the point now, where I can complete about 80-90% of the workout without breaking from the instructor.

When I went to my first class I thought I was in good shape and had kept decent muscle tissue. Wow, was I wrong. My leg muscles were horrible. I could barely walk for the next day. I'm still developing them, because lunges are my arch-nemesis.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    My gym just got Body Pump about a month and a half ago. I'm loving it and taking it twice a week.....they don't offer it on Friday or Saturdays!!! My trainer is making her video tomorrow, so I'll get 3 days this week, and for that I am totally excited. So much fun to challenge myself with extra weights every week to see my progression in strength. The gym got the new track today so I'm also very excited for that. :happy:
  • amgchick
    Options
    Welcome! I'm doing Beachbody's home version. It's a 13 week program and came with all the weights, DVD's and a nutrition program. Am loving it and getting great results. I've been working out off and on for several years but this is the first program where I can see the results. Yay! By week 6, I was down 5 " and wondering why I hadn't found this sooner! :)

Are the gym classes pretty intense?
  • beecautious
    beecautious Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hola amigos,
  • skichick1968
    Options
    Okay, this was totally weird! I see this group & it threw me. I'm a BodyPump instructor! My challenge is trying to balance my 2-3 classes a week with enough cardio.

What's the Beachbodies or course from Les Mills?
  • amgchick
    Options
    Hi!
  • amgchick
    Options
    Beachbody teamed with Les Mills and made a series of DVDs of the different workouts. The one I got came with the barbell + varying weights, a step bench, Combat, Sports Attack, step workout, Flow (yoga) and 2 ab workouts. I done many Beachbody workouts, but this one with Les Mills is the first where I SEE amazing results. Definitely my favorite! :)

What do you teach?
  • skichick1968
    Options
    I am an official BodyPump instructor here in Colorado. I am also Zumba certified and Taebo certified. I teach Pump 2 - 3 x a week and it really does work! The only down side is the scale has shot up with all of my new muscle!
  • amgchick
    Options
    I am relieved to hear that my weight isn't the only one to go up! I can see I've lost inches but the scale simply has gone up a few pounds. I'm now trying not to weigh!
  • Victoriapink1
    Options
    Hi. I'm Victoria. I got the home version but did the gym version a couple years ago. I'm trying to get motivated. I only did it pounced so far :(
  • amgchick
    Options
    Hi Victoria! Welcome to the group. Did you like the workout? If you need extra motivation, I have a private Facebook group starting on April 2. The purpose is to give support and keep you going daily. Let me know if you want in. We will be happy to have you!
  • chefkristi
    chefkristi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi i am kristi. i have been doing les mills pump for a few weeks now. i love it!! i started by going to a fit club in my area where they were doing pump, i fell in love the first time. this is my favorite workout i have ever done!!! inches are already coming off, but the scale has gone up a few pounds. i am feeling very fit and in shape, though. it is hard as a woman to watch the scale go up and be ok with it :) i have been encouraging everyone to try this program. i do p90x occasionally, but i do not enjoy it. i only do it since i payed good money to try the program. les mills is so much more upbeat and fun!!
  • aprildnutt
    aprildnutt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm April and today was my FIRST day!! My legs are pretty sore already but I'm excited and eager to get moving again after my day of rest. Any tips??
  • TVGal63
    TVGal63 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just stopping by to say hello! Just started the home program this week! Lots of fun....and work (at least for me - I'm way out of shape!)
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren I just started the Les Mills Program this week and so far am really enjoying it and feeling a good sore from it,
  • ranobles
    ranobles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Andrea and I am from Dallas Texas. I am a certified Les Mills Pump instructor that teaches at the local gym and I also am a Beachbody Coach that hold Private Facebook Challenge Groups for people who are doing the in home version of Pump. I would love to have you guys in my next month's accountability group if your interested. Send me an email and I can get you the details. raznobles@yahoo.com
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey Folks..
    I just recieved my Les Mills Pump package in the mail yesterday and did the Pump Challenge this morning.
    I've been doing Insanity, but due to recurring knee issues, I'm having to back off a full time Insanity schedule and supplement. So, I'm using Pump and have also pre-ordered "Combat" (hoping, in time, the knee will allow that workout because it just looks Badazz!!)..
    I know very little about Pump and what to expect, but I'm excited to get started with it..
    Here's to everyone's success..
    Dale