Entering Bodypump on MFP

Options
derekjnichols
derekjnichols Posts: 49 Member
I've been using "Calisthenics vigorous effort" when I enter my bodypump work outs.. is this accurate? What do you all use?

Thanks!

Replies

• daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM to enter Pump, although yes I put it under the 'cardio' section. I've found that my calorie burn in pump is very inconsistent, it depends on so many things like the release or mix we are doing, which in turn affects the weights I use for each track so I think it best to use HRM if you can.
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just created an exercise "Body Pump" on my profile. I enter it as cardio. I sweat a lot during it and at about 150 pounds, I figure I average 400 calories per hour/workout. I just pulled that out of my butt, but it works for me.
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    meant to add - I used to enter it as Aerobics, General - but the calories didn't seem right. The light aerobics calorie count for me was really low but the moderate/high intensity option seemed too high - so I think I grabbed 400 which was kind of in the middle of the two.
  • Newfitz
    Newfitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely the best way to plug in any workout is using a HRM. I have a bodybugg that will figure total calories burned. MFP estimates usually over estimate drastically. I'm just starting month 2 and Pump and Shred so far has the most burn at 200 roughly. You are correct that the burns are very inconsistent based upon which workout you are doing. I'm happy if I burn 100 with Hard Core Abs or Flow.
  • mdlc75
    mdlc75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found this info on the LiveStrong site stating that a 155 lb person would burn 560 calories. Here is the link. Hope this helps. I think I will just input it using these guidelines.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/320403-how-many-calories-are-burned-doing-bodypump/
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I enter mine as Circuit training, general - It is best to use a HRM but as I don't have that I figure this was the best way to input it esp with the small stops btwn workouts to adjust weights etc.
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HRM is really the way to go. Save up for one. I've had my BodyPump calorie burn be anywhere between 400-600 depending on how hard I push myself and how good I am feeling that day.
  • Kath888
    Kath888 Posts: 17
    Options
    I enter mine under cardio with my hrm reading for calories.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn between 370-400 every time. Only once or twice have I gone over 400.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm around 170lbs
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn between 370-400 every time. Only once or twice have I gone over 400.

I almost always get above 400, as long as I use enough weight (for me that means 20kg for back, 10kg for arms and in between for other things). I'm 150lb.