New Recipe - Peanut Butter Fudge!!!

Options
bcmlam1001
bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
I have been searching all over the net for a great LC PB fudge recipe and I found one that had pics and looked really good but it called for unsalted butter and vanilla whey protein powder and I didn't have either and hate to buy products that I do not use that often so I started searching. I just made this peanut butter fudge I found and it is now firming up in the fridge. I can't wait to try it!
I cut the recipe into a fourth of the original size because it is just me eating it at my house. This is what I used...

1/4 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese (I picked that up by mistake, I prefer whole fat cream cheese for better taste)
1/4 cup Planters natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/8 cup granular splenda
1/8 teaspoon vanilla flavoring

Put first 3 ingredients in a microwavable bowl and heat just til butter is melted
Remove from microwave and mix well then add last two ingredients
Pour into a flat bottom dish, cover and put in fridge til firm
It said to cut into 1'/bite size squares so I figured mine should yield about 6 servings

I was a little concerned how it might taste and once I poured it into the dish I licked a tad bit off the spoon and it tasted really good so I don't have a doubt that it shall be delicious once it firms up!

It seems to be high in fat content but that shouldn't be a problem for you low carbers =)
With the recipe builder it says 2 net carbs with the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, so that still wasn't to bad.

Let me know if you try it and like it!!!
With the

Replies

• clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. Thanks for sharing it with us!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Oh yum! Definitely making this!
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yum! By granular splenda, do you mean the kind in the bag for baking or the kind in the packet? I read in a few places that the kind in the bag is half sugar, half splenda, but I'm having trouble tracking down if that's true. Anyone know?
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mispoohbie
    mispoohbie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ""Yum! By granular splenda, do you mean the kind in the bag for baking or the kind in the packet? I read in a few places that the kind in the bag is half sugar, half splenda, but I'm having trouble tracking down if that's true. Anyone know?""

Splenda comes as a baking sugar that measures cup for cup. It should say it right on the front of the bag.

How did the fudge come out???
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Sounds divine! Have you plugged in the numbers for calorie count? How many servings per batch?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    ""Yum! By granular splenda, do you mean the kind in the bag for baking or the kind in the packet? I read in a few places that the kind in the bag is half sugar, half splenda, but I'm having trouble tracking down if that's true. Anyone know?""

Splenda comes as a baking sugar that measures cup for cup. It should say it right on the front of the bag.

Right, but it doesn't say what it's been bulked up with. And 1 teaspoon says that it has 0 grams of sugar. but I think the labeling laws allow it to say that if it's under a certain amount, but obviously if you're using tablespoons or cups of it that's a huge amount of sugar. I did find on this forum that it says it is half sugar and half splenda. I will stay away from it.

From a moderator on an Atkins forum
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/atkins-diet-extended-induction/6124-baking-splenda-vs-granular-splenda.html

"You can use regular splenda for baking. The problem is that Splenda doesn't have the same baking properties that sugar has. Sugar when heated crystallizes, this helps to create the structure of some baked goods. Sugar also caramelizes, which gives it a depth of flavor Splenda doesn't have and the caramelization process helps to brown the product. And sugar hydrates baked goods. When it bakes the sugar crystallizes, but then sugar is sort of liquidified, and the product becomes moister---this is the reason why some cakes have a better texture a few days after they've been baked.

But the baking Splenda (the half sugar/half splenda mix) isn't acceptable for the weight loss phases of Atkins because it contains sugar. Maybe on Maintenance, it can become an occasional option, but not during the weight loss phases."
  • zoeemily89
    Options
    bump!