Fitness TV (282) or The Active channel (281) on SKY?

Options
ketchup38
ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
I just started watching these channels because I was considering buying some home DVDs.
I usually go to the gym, but thought it would be great to have another option for those times when I don't feel like heading out to the gym.
My only complaint is that I can't series link programmes. There is also a lot of teleshopping shows in between.. but hey I understand that someone has to pay the bills.
I caught Billy Blanks the inferno the other day!
What are your favourite shows ?

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    No way - didn't know Billy Blanks was on. Have heard loads about him on these forums but never given him a go (so to speak!).

I sometimes just set loads of the shows to record on Sky+ at the beginning of the week then flip through them to decide what I want to do as some are definitely better than others. I love Lynne Robinson's Pilates DVDs and Jillian Michaels and have found ones of theirs I haven't tried on these channels.

Don't you sometimes find some of them a bit silly though? Quite a few Jodie Marsh type supertanned bodybuilders showing just one or two moves. Not really for me - give me a good all over workout!
  • welshchick2
    welshchick2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love Fitness TV! here are some of my faves on my sky planner:

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns & Thighs
    Billy Blanks - Cardio Inferno
    Do More PIlates
    Yogalosophy
    Bob Harper

Ooh and I found Belly Blitz the other day, 12 min workouts that are tough but really good.
  • ketchup38
    Options
    No way - didn't know Billy Blanks was on. Have heard loads about him on these forums but never given him a go (so to speak!).

I sometimes just set loads of the shows to record on Sky+ at the beginning of the week then flip through them to decide what I want to do as some are definitely better than others. I love Lynne Robinson's Pilates DVDs and Jillian Michaels and have found ones of theirs I haven't tried on these channels.

Don't you sometimes find some of them a bit silly though? Quite a few Jodie Marsh type supertanned bodybuilders showing just one or two moves. Not really for me - give me a good all over workout!

I've been doing the same!!! Going on a recording spree then previewing each one to find out of it's something I would like to do!
    Jillian Michaels has been on these channels? Now I'll be on the look out for thati

I saw one of the girls off The Only Way Is Essex doing a show. I just flicked to the next channel. I just couldn't take her seriously.
  • ketchup38
    Options
    Love Fitness TV! here are some of my faves on my sky planner:

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns & Thighs
    Billy Blanks - Cardio Inferno
    Do More PIlates
    Yogalosophy
    Bob Harper

Ooh and I found Belly Blitz the other day, 12 min workouts that are tough but really good.

I am loving the recommendations. I am definitely going to be on the lookout for these... Thanks for sharing :)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Is this in freeview too? Or just the paid channels?
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've got a few recorded
    JM Killer buns and thighs
    Shiva rea core abs
    step by step tai chi (haven't tried it yet but my mums into tai chi)
    Billy blanks this is tae bo (super fun)
    and I've just recorded today JM body revolution. Will try over the weekend maybe. I was so happy when I found the fitness channel
  • rohanp
    rohanp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you, I had to run down just now and Sky+ Billy Blanks This is Tae Bo!
    Looking forward to trying it soon.
  • ketchup38
    Options
    @rohanp
    I recorded that one also! The burn I got was AWESOME. Still one of the Holy Grails of home exercise videos
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Ohh thanks for this! I will have a look when I'm home this evening :) It's dark and grey outside, nothing better than a nice work out to cheer me up :happy:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    One of my friends on here, is signed up to LoveFilm. She told me she gets exercise DVDs from there, does them till she's bored then send them back and gets another one! I think that's a brilliant way of doing exercise DVDs! I have a stack of em at home and I get bored witless doing them after a few times!

As for Fitness TV or The Active Channel, I found with some of the routines on their, they're just repeated several times during the day/week so like the DVDs I got bored.
  • ketchup38
    Options
    I'm a member of love film and I never thought to do that!! I already do that with games!! Well not anymore! Thanks for the tip.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just set it up for billy blanks, cheers girls and guys. I forgot about these channels.
  • Catman_Jellytot
    Catman_Jellytot Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just have the basic sky (21.50 a month) and I have it, but it isn't on basic freeview.

Just came across it today so I am recording everything I think will help (just rcording Jillian's Ripped in 30 at the minute)
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've recorded a few things and so far when I've watched them back it has mainly been 30 mins of advertising for the workout book/dvd/equipment etc. For example the Jillian ripped in 30 that I recorded was exactly this.

Might try again and look out for the programmes mentioned.

Also have Love Film and never thought to do that, I'm off to update my list now !
  • watto1903
    watto1903 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I watched a bit of the circuits that was on 281 yesterday, a big black guy, he had a bit of a stomach on him (!) and was not doing some exercises properly. His squats were appalling!!
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We have been thinking about getting sky tv for a while and one of the reasons I wanted it was for fitness tv and now hearing all the different shows that are on that I know I would like I think I may bring it up with hubby again! Thanks guys!