Help / Advice please

Options
riddles12
riddles12 Posts: 1 Member
I'm a novice at this so excuse the "dumb" questions please because I would love some advice.

I am starting day one tomorrow of my keto diet... I have planned all of tomorrows meals to get an idea of what I need to be aiming for HOWEVER I also havn't used MFP before. When it says that "If every day was today you would weigh 69.8 kg in 5 weeks" does that factor in ketosis? Because I would like to think I would weigh a lot less based on the reviews of a Keto diet I've been reading. Tomorrows totals are Total Calories: 1,175 Carbs:18 Fat:82 Protein: 92

Am I doing it wrong?

Replies

• DrRockter
    DrRockter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't think this recognises you are in ketosis, you just manipulate the stats so that you yourself know you will be in it once you have sufficiently depleted your carb levels. With keto, the bigger you are the faster you will lose weight, a 400 lb man, will lost weight much faster than a 200 lb man. There are a lot of variables that will make you lose weight, keto is not a magic dietary change, it will not make you magically lose weight. What it does do is, fill you up for longer, reducing your bodies urges for a quick fix carb meal.
  • steepedintruth
    steepedintruth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Five weeks ago one MFP suggested that eating the way I was would lead me to be around 7 pounds lighter than I presently am. It uses a rough estimation based on your calorie totals for the day; it even changes day to day based on your calorie totals. Calories aren't everything, at least as I've come to understand it, so don't fret, or at best simply ignore, MFP's projected weight loss.
  • Mountainash
    Options
    In my experience those little messages from MFP are unreliable and based largely on caloric and fat intake, nevermind carbs.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It also doesn't factor in water weight or muscle gain. :/
  • Katze_e
    Katze_e Posts: 4
    Options
    MFP is always saying I'm starving, lol. I just use it to count the carbs, really.