Perth

Options
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Perth and are trying to get a feel for the suburbs. Just wondering if we could get some advise on what would be considered the mid-range suburbs where we would find reasonable state schools and would not be considered "rough" suburbs to bring up young kids in.

Replies

• lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't take my word as gospel but Id try Forrestfield or north of the river
  • xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I live in Port Kennedy which is near rockingham. It's beautiful here. Clean air, so near the beach.
  • KMBmutt
    KMBmutt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I live in Port Kennedy which is near rockingham. It's beautiful here. Clean air, so near the beach.

I live in Rockingham which has a bad rep due to a few people. But it is an awesome place, like 5mins to the beach i have lived in many places in Australia and Rockingham is home :)
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've lived in mandurah, ravenswood, serpentine, rockingham, kwinana and stayed a few other places inbetween. I always end up coming back to rockingham area (I currently live in baldivis, which is a nice enough distance) I grew up in rockingham, and yes... its VERY bogan, the public schools are ok, I know they have improved alot since I left. If you've got good kids there is nothing wrong with the area... there are "blocks" in rockingham that area dodgy... not the whole place. Success is also really nice, I would recommend checking it out :)