Fitness Tips

Options
The average 1 hour long TV program has a average of 17 minutes of commercials, if you do jumping jacks during every commercial you can burn hundreds of calories :smile:

Replies

• kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Sometimes if I don't want to listen to music while I exercise, I will listen to an audiobook. :)
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    Every time i go to the restroom to pee, I do 30-50 squats or 30-50 wall pushups.
  • athenagv
    Options
    Heard this one on the radio.......if you listen to hip hop/rock music while walking or running.....you'll go faster w/o even realizing it!! Might wanna change up the iPod! :wink:
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The average 1 hour long TV program has a average of 17 minutes of commercials, if you do jumping jacks during every commercial you can burn hundreds of calories :smile:

That's awesome! Definitely worth it. I will not sit down at night to watch TV - I either do Pilates, Belly Dance, made up calisthenics/cardio routine, etc during it ... I'm not good at listening to music while I work out, so I do it to a TV show instead!
  • kristen807
    Options
    haha I always do a little something when I go to the bathroom too! I hope people don't think I am doing other things since I take so long...lmao
  • taralyn6788
    taralyn6788 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    along with exercises in the bathroom...anyone exercise in the shower?

i do about 100 calf raises and about 40 arm curls with my shampoo and conditioner bottles..

i guess some people might find that odd..but hey...i'm ready to feel good about myself and if that's what it takes...ill do it

:-)
  • kristen807
    Options
    another good idea, don't slip and fall though! lol
  • athenagv
    Options
    haha I always do a little something when I go to the bathroom too! I hope people don't think I am doing other things since I take so long...lmao

lol...i wonder that too...but i figure...it takes me a little while do a number 2...so i just asoon take about the same time every time!!! lol
  • athenagv
    Options

i do about 100 calf raises and about 40 arm curls with my shampoo and conditioner bottles..

i guess some people might find that odd..but hey...i'm ready to feel good about myself and if that's what it takes...ill do it

i do!!!! lol....i usually just do a few squats, leg lifts & wall pushups! never thought about some curlups w/ the shampoo bottles though!! great idea! thanks
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I don't do calf raises or curls, but I'll squeeze and hold my abs or butt as tight as I can while I shampoo, rinse, condition, rinse, wash my face... Usually I count to 30 or so to myself so it's about 30 secs at a time...
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Using index cards or pieces of paper, create a set of workout cards that include cardio and strength exercises. Mix the cards up. Pull a card and complete the exercise. This allows you to add variety to your workout. I usually set a 20-minute cooking timer and workout for at least 20 minutes, but you could complete the workouts during commercials. (Thanks for the idea.)

Examples: (Start off with a warm-up session)
    25 Jumping Jacks
    20 bicep curls
    25 Squats
    30 Skaters
    30 Crunches
    Jog in place for 1 minute
    25 Bicycle Crunches
    Jump rope for 1 minute
    20 Tricep Overhead Extensions
    10 Lunges on each side
    30 Cross Punches
    15 Side Kicks to each side
    10 Jump Squats
    30 seconds of Butt Kicks
    25 Pushups
    (You get the general idea now. Just write down moves that you've done before and have fun!)
    End with a cool-down and light stretching
  • kristen807
    Options
    Using index cards or pieces of paper, create a set of workout cards that include cardio and strength exercises. Mix the cards up. Pull a card and complete the exercise. This allows you to add variety to your workout. I usually set a 20-minute cooking timer and workout for at least 20 minutes, but you could complete the workouts during commercials. (Thanks for the idea.)

Examples: (Start off with a warm-up session)
    25 Jumping Jacks
    20 bicep curls
    25 Squats
    30 Skaters
    30 Crunches
    Jog in place for 1 minute
    25 Bicycle Crunches
    Jump rope for 1 minute
    20 Tricep Overhead Extensions
    10 Lunges on each side
    30 Cross Punches
    15 Side Kicks to each side
    10 Jump Squats
    30 seconds of Butt Kicks
    25 Pushups
    (You get the general idea now. Just write down moves that you've done before and have fun!)
    End with a cool-down and light stretching
    I like that! It is like a game :)
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    If your fighting a urge to snack...brush your teeth & use mouthwash. I'm sure whatever you wanted wont taste good mixed with the minty flavor.
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    This is a pretty cool site!

You click on the part of the body you want to work on & it gives you a bunch of easy workouts that focus on the body part of your choice!

Check it out :

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/
  • kristen807
    Options
    Just saw this posted for people who have a desk job.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk
  • taralyn6788
    taralyn6788 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    definitely excited to check out those two websites..i'm always down for targeting certain areas...and yes i do have an office job haha

hope everyone is doing well with their workouts...i just finished mine, i had the weekend off...did a little splurging but now i'm back and ready to get some results...lets do it!
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I heard Carrie Underwood does that..she has a list of exercises and whatever card she draws from the deck she does; a suit represents a type of exercise and the number equals the repetitions.
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I read in Shape magazine that when you get the urge in snack, you should mentally say to yourself, you can have it after the workout. Usually, the body has forgotten about it when said and done :) brushing your teeth is a great tactic too, one I sometimes use, especially at night when I still want to eat.