Insanity Friends

Options
dalehall64
dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
If anyone is looking for friends doing Insanity, please hit me up.. Like I said in another post, about to start Month 2 and probably could use the encouragement. :)
Thanks..
**Dale**

Replies

• changeitall
    Options
    I will definitely check on you. I am finishing week 3 and I never thought I would make it this far.
  • michellejanuary3
    michellejanuary3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking for friends doing Insanity, please hit me up.. Like I said in another post, about to start Month 2 and probably could use the encouragement. :)
    Thanks..
    **Dale**

Hi, just joined the group! My hubby & I are on week 2, day 2 and are feeling awesome! Did you measure or weigh for month 1? Care to share results so far? How is Month 2 going?
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Month 1 was good.. I only lost 9 lbs, but I'm not massively overweight to begin with. (5'6" couch potato weight of 172. Started this regime at 182, trying to get to 162) This was more to get me in shape.. The weight loss, better fitting clothes is just icing on the cake for me. I had 2 4-layer neck fusion surgeries (1 in '09 and one in '10) and they took a toll on me. For the next two years, I gained weight (10 lbs) and got in the worst shape of my life. Even the Air Force made me retire because they felt I was useless because I could not longer do my push ups because of muscle atrophy in my left arm due to nerve damage of herniated disc and couldn't do my sit ups because Doc said not too.. Which was also part of my motivation to get back in shape and prove them wrong. The getting in shape for Month 1 really worked.. I feel much better and I can tell my stamina is up and my cardio is much better than when I started. Unfortunately, during Day 1 of month 2, I did something to my knee and I aggravated it doing Insanity for the next two days hoping wrapping it would be ok. Now, I'm hurt and I've been banned by my wife from doing Insaity for awhile now, I'm giving it a few days before I decide to see the Doc about it. Monday, if all feels ok, I might try to do it again.. Or maybe just do the dreaded elliptical for a week. (I HATE the elliptical) but I hate being overweight and out of shape worse.) and see how the knee holds up. I'm majorly bummed I can't do Insanity, but I will get back to it as soon as my knee allows. Good luck with it and stick with it.. It will be worth all the time and effort you put into it..
    Dale