Hunger increasing after RNY---HELP!!!

Options
I had RHY surgery approx. 18 months ago. I have done well losing weight and using this new tool.
However, in the last 2 months I have noticed that I am constantly hungry and have started eating 100-200 more calories/day (from 1200-1400cal/day).
I have not gained or lost weight in last 2 months (have about 15 more pounds I would like to lose).
Starting to feel less control over eating and managing hunger. Also, exercising at least 6 hours/wk.

Is this normal or have I started down a slippery slope?

It is making me nervous that I will start o regain.

Need some advice from those of you who are 2 yrs out or more.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• Kmags66
    Kmags66 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello, I has RHY surgery 6 months ago, so I am not out as far as you but last appt with my doctor he asked if I was feeling hungry and I said some days I am really hungry. He said that usually that means you didn't get enough protein in the day before. So I would review that you are still getting enough protein and not taking in too many carbs. Best of luck
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i am only 8 mths out but the venterns at my wlc say that not hungrey feeling wears off so now you are there so inportant to follow your plans calories diet exercise hope the best for you i worry about this issue when it happens to me there a good percent that put back some weight but not any where near all of it i plan on the exercise to be my help and this web site helps alot keeps us on track if you want to be friend me i am here daily good luck
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am only 3 months out so I cant be of much help...sorry. I do know that already I do get physically hungry at times. mostly I am dealing with "head hunger" at this stage. I do find that I am not so hungry if I get a lot of protein in. If I get in too many carbs I seem to crave them more. Feel free to add me (anyone) I am here daily :)
  • TL0105
    TL0105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months out and I have noticed that I feel hungry more often..I plan on going to some local meetings for WLS, and re-reading all my notes/information to make sure I stay on track. I had gotten away from journaling my food..I think that makes a big difference and helps keep me accountable for my actions.
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am almost 2 yrs post rny. When I dont get enough water I feel hungry. I just go back to the beginning. The protein shakes and all. I have lost 160 pounds and actually trying to gain a bit back. I don't like how thin I am. Protein, and staying hydrated has helped me. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    I had RHY surgery approx. 18 months ago. I have done well losing weight and using this new tool.
    However, in the last 2 months I have noticed that I am constantly hungry and have started eating 100-200 more calories/day (from 1200-1400cal/day).
    I have not gained or lost weight in last 2 months (have about 15 more pounds I would like to lose).
    Starting to feel less control over eating and managing hunger. Also, exercising at least 6 hours/wk.

Is this normal or have I started down a slippery slope?

It is making me nervous that I will start o regain.

Need some advice from those of you who are 2 yrs out or more.

Thanks for your help.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I havent had my surgery yet but was told to help with the hunger make sure you get all your protein in and same as 48vixen says, keep hydrated.