I'm so off-track!

Options
Confession time - I haven't worked out since Saturday. Until then, I had only missed 1 day of Shred. I was set to finish my 30 days this week. (I think the next workout I do will be day 27).

We did a quick overnight last weekend for my best friend's engagement party/his fiancee's bridal shower, and of course there was lots of drinking and eating at our favorite hometown haunts. Then Monday, I was ready to get back into it and I overslept. All this week... I've been super tired and over sleepy - probably from not working out.

So, We're going back out of town tomorrow until Sun (to visit my parents, this time) and I will get back on track. On Monday, I will start 30DS over, because I have about 60 days until this wedding that I may now be a part of. I want to be totally shredded for it!!!

(btw, at the engagement party, I saw people that I hadn't seen since grade school. They all commented on how good I looked. I was SO thankful I started 30ds when I did. I heard a couple of girls commenting about my little arm muscles in the bathroom - made me feel SO awesome!!!)

So, is anyone going to be doing this again or what other program are you moving on to next week??? the 30 min time every day works well/is doable in my schedule. If my butt gets out of bed. Ugh!

Replies

• bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ahhh life happens. . . don't worry about a break in the action! You'll get back to it soon enough! Sounds like you will have had a fun couple of weekends and we all need that!

I'm going to do Ripped in 30 starting Saturday . . . that's my plan anyways!

Enjoy your weekend away!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Did you end up starting over? I'm not sure what i want to do at this point...I haven't worked out in about a week because I've been super sick and I feel like I'm at square 1. I'm still not feeling 100% and just walking up the stairs at work kicked my butt (granted it's 5 flights, but still).

I'm probably just going to pick up where I left off later this weekend when I'm back to normal. Hope you get back on track...whichever track you choose :)
  • botaijm
    botaijm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am too! With this heat my house has been so hot I can't work out. I only have 2 days left and the last 3 days I worked out I think it went every other day? I don't know what to do either. I think I'm just going to finish my 2 days. And start over. Do one more round and then I'm looking into the ripped in 30. Plus my eating has been off track I haven't even logged a full day in over a week. I need to get back on track!!
  • hopsanddreams
    Options
    I started over yesterday. I did my workout in the evening, and it went so well! I did Level 1, day 1, and I started out with 3 lb weights and moved to 5's after circuit 1. The anterior raises and side lunges - I still hate those things, and used 3 lb weights, but they were totally bearable!!! Last time I did them, I was swearing at Jillian toward the end of the first set of them, let alone the 2nd set. I hung with Natalie through all of circuit 3, (but still did the sissy push-ups with Anita in circuit 1 - ha ha!)

Do you girls want to stay accountable with me on this forum through this round of 30DS? I have exactly 60 days till my bestie's wedding, and his fiancee (the bride - my bestie is the groom) is doing Insanity. I'm thinking I'd better keep going to look decent at their wedding!!!

I'm thinking I'll continue with a round of 30ds (started yesterday) and then possibly ripped in 30 for the last 30 days before the wedding? I think it'll depend on how this round goes.

botajim - don't worry - my eating has been off too. And will be much of this week, as I work through leftovers. Then next week, I'm going ot try eating relatively clean again.

newcs - are you feeling better yet? Hope so! are you going to do another round of 30ds?
  • newcs
    Options
    I'll definitely stick around for accountability regardless of which workouts everyone decides to do. I'm feeling better-ish...I'm back to normal except I sound like I smoke a pack a day (despite having smoked zero cigarettes ever) an any time I really use my lungs my cough comes back full force. I think I'll pick back up where I left off this coming Monday so I make sure I'm good to go. I'm afraid if I start back at it, I won't make it through and I'll get discouraged.

We could also make a small group for checking in, catching up with progress and general questions and discussion. Seems like there's only really a few of us left.
  • hopsanddreams
    Options
    Starting a new group sounds good. Should I do that? Maybe I'll do it tomorrow when I need a brain break at work.
    I did my level 1, day 2 today and I'm sore I'm my legs now. It's not excruciating to go up and down stair and especially to lower myself down to go pee, but I'm not gonna lie, it is uncomfortable. I hated the soreness she I first did 30ds, but now I don't really mind it. I feel like its my body telling me that I worked it hard to make it better. Does that even make sense?
  • newcs
    Options
    Starting a new group sounds good. Should I do that? Maybe I'll do it tomorrow when I need a brain break at work.
    I did my level 1, day 2 today and I'm sore I'm my legs now. It's not excruciating to go up and down stair and especially to lower myself down to go pee, but I'm not gonna lie, it is uncomfortable. I hated the soreness she I first did 30ds, but now I don't really mind it. I feel like its my body telling me that I worked it hard to make it better. Does that even make sense?

I'll let you create it since I actually don't know how and you sound like you know you'll need a brain break lol. What do you do for work? I'm a senior tax analyst so I need lots of sanity breaks.

What you said totally makes sense. I was sore the first couple days of level 1 and the first day of level 3 but I honestly kind of missed it during level 2. I knew I was getting a good workout but I wanted to feel like I was