To my fellow readers. . .

Options
2»

Replies

• iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    I'm a complete book fanatic! Not sure I can list all my favorites...my favorite genres are mystery and dystopian novels. I love the Mr. Monk series, Janet Evanovich, Harry Potter Series, Dorothy Howell, Joanne Fluke, Joanna Carl, Hunger Games trilogy, and oh so much more!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Reading is my guilty pleasure. I squeeze it in where ever I can.

Most recent favorites are:
    Same kind of diff as me & what different do it make? -- Ron Hall / Denver Moore
    Still Alice & Left Neglected -- Lisa Genova

Also love historical fiction
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just ADORE mysteries and more mysteries! My absolutely favorite is the Maisie Dobbs series...1930's London and I've been having fun listing to audio book on CD on my commute in to work. Just about done with the Agatha Raisin series! What a silly lady!
  • Jujubee2000
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am a librarian's daughter so books have been in my life forever!
    I love sci-fi,horror,mysteries..lots of authors.
    Some favorites are,but not limited too: Edgar Allen Poe,Clive barker,Greg Bear,Issac Asimov,Mercedes Lackey,Anne Rice, James Moore,Neil Gaiman,Tanith Lee,J.K. Rowling,Stephen King,Jaqueline Carey,Joe Hill,Cory Doctorow,Philip K ****,Douglas Adams,H. G. Wells, Ray Bradbury,Orson Scott Card,Gregory Maguire,Herbert Frank,Jane Austin,Charlotte Bronte,Mary Shelley.... and I could go on and on.
    I am a voracious reader and love the feel and smell of real books in my hands.
    I will try to read almost anything. I love to read,so I do give things a try.
    Things I hate...badly written books that you just can't understand who edited them.
    7201955 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Reading is my guilty pleasure. I squeeze it in where ever I can.

Most recent favorites are:
    Same kind of diff as me & what different do it make? -- Ron Hall / Denver Moore
    Still Alice & Left Neglected -- Lisa Genova

Also love historical fiction

I read Same Kind of Different this year with another book club. It was better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't realize that there was a second book. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I love Patricia Cornwell!
    Any story of mystery and crime will work.

I love Patricia Cornwell ..have had for years..mystery and crime get me everytime
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love reading, probably thanks to my mother who was a librarian while I was growing up. My favorite genres are scifi/fantasy, but I read a bit of everything from YA to archaeology publications. I am a fan of S.M. Sterling, Frank Herbert, Tamora Pierce, and Jane Yolen to name a few. I am currently reading "The English Governess at the Siamese Court" by Anna Harriette Leonowens. I just finished "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.
  • eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like many different authors. Primarily science fiction and historical books. Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, anything by John Twelve Hawks (the Traveler series). I am also interested in DC Comics books, especially Superman, Green Lantern and Adam Strange.

Adam Strange is a DC character who gets beamed by zeta radiation that sends him between Earth and Rann. He is an archaeologist who often spends time in the southern hemisphere. Rann sends zeta beams to the southern hemisphere of Earth. As far as I know, Adam Strange may have disappeared following the last DC event that began in late 2011 but he was around since 1959.

Also, am reading more Christian fiction including such authors as C.S. Lewis.

Currently, I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Splendor of Silence, Laurie King's A Darker Place at roughly the same time. I'm on disability so I have lots of time to read.