Getting nowhere....

Options
bramley1911
bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
I'm 5ft5 with a starting weight of 147lbs. In the last month I've cut down on snacks, cut out takeaways and joined a gym exercising 3 times a week for at least 40 minutes (mainly running with a little bit of weights) rather than a 60 minute dance class once a week. Within a week I was starting to see signs that I was loosing weight, my stomach seemed a lot slimmer, when I weighed myself I'd lost 4lbs. Great, I thought, keep going like this and I'll have lost about a stone for when I go back to university in September. A couple of weeks later and I was definitely looking slimmer, even my boyfriend commented on it. But the last few days when I've weighed myself (on two different sets of scales) I've gained all the weight I'd lost and put more on.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle. Anyone got any advice as to why this is happening?

Replies

• Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight if you are close to starting your cycle. Plus, weight can fluctuate up to a couple of pounds with undigested food or if you are drinking more water than normal. The scale went up on me like 4 lbs one week and I freaked out, ate more because I was depressed, but the next week got back on the scale and it was down to where it should have been. It sounds like you were doing great, just don't give up!
  • KittyKittyBang
    Options
    I feel you. I will gain a few LBS some weeks and feel defeated, but remember muscle you build weighs more than fat. This could be contributing to your weight. My clothes are getting looser but my weight is not dropping. Try to pay more attention to how you feel and look and not so much to the #'s.
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give anyone (especially us with not so much to lose) would be to get some measuring tape to track your progress. You said it yourself that you noticed a difference in your appearance! Celebrate that! Personally I wouldn't care if I actually gained 10 lbs if it LOOKED like I lost these last 10.