Do you eat your kid's leftover food?

Options
2»

Replies

• pr33mi3mom
    pr33mi3mom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First of all, good for you for tossing it! We are all so programmed to not waste food. What was it our parents told us growing up? "There are starving people in the world! Eat your food!"

I also want to say kudos for not forcing your daughter to eat it. It's enlightening how much programming we're breaking in our own loves (in regards to food), but to then find a newer healthier way to address it with our kids? Tough!

Just remember, you already know what it tastes like... you don't need to eat her leftovers to remind yourself.
  • myasmom
    myasmom Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm horrible at this! Especially if I REALLY wanted more but only made enough for my daughter and myself! This is gross but I LOVE bread, I think I like the crust better than the pizza. Nobody else in my house eats their crust so I'm always very helpful on pizza nights and take the plates to the kitchen...so I can eat the crust...smh I know that just sounds like I'm a lunatic!!!
  • vernessie
    Options
    I always eat my grand kid's leftover food:smile:
  • elizabethb460
    Options
    Yes I love to do that. It has been hard. Plus, my eight year old is skinny so he never finishes his plate. Today at Boston Market, after diligently counting up the calories before stepping in the restaurant, my son and I had meatloaf. Of course, he struggled to finish half of each of the following: mashed potatoes and brown gravy (mmmm), the regular meatloaf serving, and green beans. He also ate none of the cornbread...seriously, he must be switched at birth. Normally, I would eat everything he didn't eat. But, tonight I asked for a bag and took the leftovers home. I have packed them up in tupperware and will take this to work tomorrow. This is what I will try to do from now on. A couple of times, I have told him to put his food down the disposal... then I hold my breath until he does it so that I can't tell him to bring it to me (so I can gobble it up.)
  • elizabethb460
    Options
    Oh my gosh... anyone watch Sex in the City where Miranda can't stop eating the chocolate cake she baked at home....she kept going back for more like a million times. Then she wrapped it in foil and threw it in the trash...still came back several times to stare at it and finally eat more... after realizing she was not going to be able to control herself she poured Dawn all over it. Hysterical and totally true to life. love that show.