Good Cook books for Plant Based Diets?

Options
I've got Engine2, but I wondered if there were any other cook books you guys really like? Or websites with recipes??

Replies

• Rachel505
    Rachel505 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Forks Over Knives book.It has great recipes. Here is the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Forks-Over-Knives-Plant-Based-Health/dp/1615190457/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336485593&sr=8-1

The actual book doesn't have much more info than the movie did but I still read it too. There is also this Forks Over Knives Recipe book I just came across with 300 recipes. I may need to get this one also! :)http://www.amazon.com/Forks-Over-Knives-Cookbook-Plant-Based/dp/1615190619/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336485671&sr=1-1

I've also heard the Happy Herbivore books are good but I have not got to check those out yet.

Hope that helps!
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Herbivore has been the best one I've purchased so far.
  • Rachel505
    Options
    Which other ones have you purchasesd? Just out of curiosity? :)
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    World Vegan Feast, Forks over Knives and Simple Food for Busy Families (But this one is not vegan). Second best one is FOK.. First one I dont recommend at all.
  • Rachel505
    Options
    Ok. I will have to check out Happy Herbivore. Thanks!
  • nwebb822_cancel
    nwebb822_cancel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :happy: The 3 cookbooks I use every day: Happy Herbvivore, Everyday Happy Herbivore (both by Linsay Nixon), and Vegan Slow Cooker (Kathy Heston). Also, any book by Dr. John McDougall or Dr. Joel Furhman. Hope this helps!
  • fire_13
    fire_13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought The Fast and Fresh Vegan on half.com. I'd recommend going there, they have some nice deals.
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Veganomicon!
  • Indigouu
    Indigouu Posts: 2
    Options
    Alright, here are my recommendations:

Veganomicon
    Vegan with a Vengeance
    The Vegan Table
    The Kind Diet
    Dr Joel Furhman's books
    The Joy of Vegan Baking
    Christina Cooks (by Christina Pirello)
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    x2! I love her books.
  • APHerrera
    APHerrera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd save yourself the money and use vegweb.com. Best vegan recipe website ever.
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Happy Herbivore.! Really good, simple recipes with straight forward ingredients. I also have Veganomicon and they have AMAZING recipes BUT... I don't recommend it for weight loss. Many of their recipes have a lot of oil and are high calorically. But it is a great cookbook to have for special occasions or if company is coming over. Their vegan lasagna is amazing!!!! I'm actually cooking it right now for Sunday dinner.

My favorite website is the fat free vegan.she has amazing recipes that are plant strong, no oil, no salt, no sugar. Definitely check her out!!
  • jebreject
    jebreject Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can reply when I get home from work
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    I've been going by vegan recipe sites mostly.... and getting a few "basic" recipes down, then experimenting with different combinations of veggies, spices, grains, etc... I find that doing my own thing keeps me from getting too bored with the same old "tofu and salad" routine that vegans fall into a lot. I have some of my own recipes up on my page if anyone would like to try them... they are taste tested by vegans and carnivores alike.. all thumbs up :-)
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am loving the new Forks over Knives cookbook! Everything I have tried so far has been wonderful!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Veganomicon!

I love this one! Not just recipes using all the processed vegan stuff in stores, but recipes on how to create the vegan stuff yourself!
  • EmilyJZ
    EmilyJZ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought Happy Herbivore which is great but I also got Karma Chow by Melissa Costello. LOVE IT!!
  • fenwayc1
    fenwayc1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everything I've made from Forks Over Knives I have loved. The other one I use a lot and really like is Peas and Thank You. I love the Oh She Glows and Post Punk Kitchen blogs.
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Happy Herbivore :)
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I have almost all of Lindsey’s books. LOVE THEM.