Very low carb to carb cycling?

kvalmera
kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
Hello, my names Kimberly and I have been doing a little research on Chris Powell's way of eating and wondering if there is anyone on here

1) Has over 100lbs (or had) to lose?

2) Was doing low carb and now carb cycling?

If so, how has your experience been? I am wondering if 1200/1500 calories are too low as right now I am aiming at 1600 with 30 or less carbs per day (mainly from veggies...or I try to :)

Any advice, suggestions you can offer? I haven't bought the book, is it really necessary to?

Replies

• I have over 100 lbs to lose and If you make the most of your meals and follow his plan, you will easily hit the targets. GOod Luck
  • mallkrawler
    mallkrawler Posts: 6 Member
    Read the book, get energized and feel great. 30grams carbs a day puts you in ketosis, your canabalizing your own muscle and probably feeling like crap. I know I would when doing no carb plans. Don't be afraid of healthy carbs. The program is high carb day followed by no carb day with no fats on the high carb day. Don't get alarmed at the high carb day its really just a higher carb day. You'll eat lots of protein every day but equal your protein with countable carbs on high carb days. So they really aren't that high. Eveyday you'll gorge yourself with vegtables(non starch veggie) as these are freebies. Its a simple plan but read the book and read it again. I've had a slow metabalism for a long time with all the blame pointing to me and eating very little. I will say even though my calorie count hasn't changed that much I feel that I'm always eatting and full on ctl and loosing not gaining. I wish everyone sucess in their goals and not luck. Its all about determination and drive.....
  • kvalmera
    Yes, I have been in ketosis for a month now and lost 11lbs. The last few days I haven't been eating the best of carbs (pizza on Sunday) but that was a planned cheat day. I need to buy the book and get a good idea of his plan and guidelines. Thanks for your advice :)
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    I have over 100 to loose, and have done low carb in the past, specifically South Beach. With SB I weighed less than I do now, and managed to loose about 5 pounds over 2 months. Very frustrating. I've been on CTL since June. My first 2 weeks were on vacation with my mom, surrounded with one week of travel on each side. That first month I lost almost 10 lbs. Needless to say I was very excited. I hit my first 10% down in 2.5 months, with little excercise. I'm almost to the end of my first 90 days, and I'm almost down 30 lbs! This week, I'm trying to be more consistant with the exercise. We'll see how that goes.

I have had trouble with every diet I have tried... this is the first one that I feel like I can do for the rest of my life!
  • kvalmera
    @BABE, that's very encouraging but I have realized that I have to stick to a low carb lifestyle the carbs are just too much of a trigger for me. I will do good for a few days but then I get lax about preparing my meals, buying all of the things needed and next thing I know I am telling myself (well you had over 100 carbs today what's another 30 from cookies?) I just can't stay on track that way...... so until I get more weight off (under 250 lbs) I will most likely stay eating keto... at least then I should be in better shape to excercise more rigorously. The best of luck to you all!!