how many calories needed to do a clean lean bulk up

Options
hey am trying to figure out how many calories i need to do a clean lean bulk. Am 5' 10" 182lbs. 8.7% bodyfat, and 35yrs old. I currently workout 4 day split weightlifting schedual with 2day cardio of 60 mins with one full day off. Am a very active person and started eating a 6-7 meal schedual. Thats all i can think of information you meant need.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
  • mercedproperty1617
    Options
    thanks
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Seriously...people need to stop obsessing over numbers they read on the internet.

Counting calories like that is like putting the final touch on a project. You are nowhere near a place you need to micromanage your diet.

Start with the basics. Eat more good food, add a meal, add a snack or two, whatever. Calorie count doesn't mean a damn thing because it's specific to everybody, there is no one size fits all. Just add some food, give it 4 weeks and see how your body responds. If you start getting too fat, cut back, if you don't see much change, add more. It's really not that hard.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Have you been counting already? Do you know you're approximate TDEE? If so, add about 10-15% on top of that. Get enough P&F and fill the rest with carbs. If you feel like you're gaining too quickly (will depend on training experience but I aim for 1lb/week average) then drop the cals a bit. Rinse & repeat until you get to a BW/BF% you're happy with.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Seriously...people need to stop obsessing over numbers they read on the internet.

Counting calories like that is like putting the final touch on a project. You are nowhere near a place you need to micromanage your diet.

Start with the basics. Eat more good food, add a meal, add a snack or two, whatever. Calorie count doesn't mean a damn thing because it's specific to everybody, there is no one size fits all. Just add some food, give it 4 weeks and see how your body responds. If you start getting too fat, cut back, if you don't see much change, add more. It's really not that hard.

While I understand where you're coming from, not everyone can do it this way. A lot of people prefer to count, hit their macros and eat a manageable surplus to build. Granted I used to do it your way. I used to just eat, then raise cals a little and see where it went after 3-4 weeks, then adjusted from there.

It's just easier and less wasted time if you count. /shrug
  • mercedproperty1617
    Options
    yes i agree i didnt go thur my cutting phase just to lose the all my results. Am trying to do a lean as possible but still be able to make so muscle gains.