6 WEEK CHALLENGE - WEEK 1

Options
Hello everyone!

Week 1 of the first 6 week challenge for this group starts tomorrow, August 20th and runs thru Sunday.

The first 6 week challenge we will do will focus on honing one particular area of fitness. This 6 week challenge will focus on: walking/running a mile, for those of us that have never ran before. For those that have, please see the "alternate Week 1 challenge".

Week 1 Challenge

At LEAST three times: For a total of 1 mile, complete the following and report your time each time you do it this week

-Brisk walk 2 minutes
-Run/Jog 60 seconds

Alternate these as many times as you need in order to complete the mile.

Alternate Week 1 Challenge for Runners

AT LEAST three times: For a total of 1 mile, complete the following and report your time each time you do it this week

-Warm up walk 5 minutes
-Run/Jog the rest of your mile

Report each of your times for this week

As this is the first challenge for this new group, please me sure to leave an introduction on this thread...including: name, age/weight, weight loss goal, fitness goal, and if you are willing to be a team captain or not.

Thanks!

Replies

• sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in as long as it's not an elimination challenge and I can't promise to be here every week.

I'm Sarah, 32/169lbs, GW~130lbs.

Today I did the warm up walk 5min @ 3.5mph and then finished the mile in 12min 45 sec, running at 5.5mph.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Alright, I'm in as long as it's not an elimination challenge and I can't promise to be here every week.

I'm Sarah, 32/169lbs, GW~130lbs.

Today I did the warm up walk 5min @ 3.5mph and then finished the mile in 12min 45 sec, running at 5.5mph.

Thanks for joining me Sarah :-) Happy to be working with you again! And no, no elimination challenge. Too hard to keep up with, and I'll be starting my master's thesis in October :-P
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I will be able to jump back in on the challenges in about 2 weeks. Right now, with the kids home, I have no time to get out walking or running or to the gym. So I've only been doing what I can at home. 2 weeks until school starts :D Yay!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Hey!! This is Mo. Goal weight of 160. Weighed in today at 195.2 so I have a long way to go. Losing weight is such an uphill task for me and I keep falling off the wagon :(:(

N-e-who. I am here now and thats all that counts!!

Today I ran at 5.2 for 1/2 a mile/ then 4.0 for .1 mile,/ then 5.2 for .2 miles, /then 4.0 for .1 / then 5.2 for .1 miles to finish the 1 mile in 12 minutes. I am NOT a runner and was super impressed by this.

Here is to getting to 160 pounds!!!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Today (Tue) I ran another mile. Alternated between 5.2 and 4.0 for a total time of 15 minutes at an incline of 3.5 on the treadmill.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Today was my first mile....

Walked/Ran the track at our gym....took me 22 minutes to run/walk. I was also breaking in new shoes and now have a blister on the underside of my left big toe (wtf?!)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Also, if you didn't know... I reset my weight loss ticker. I am at 275 pounds (which is 35 pounds down from my starting weight last year).
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Quick mile this morning. 1mile in 10min11sec. On the treadmill, quick warm up walk and then I alternated 1min intervals of 5.5 and 6mph for the mile.
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Sorry!! Didnt make it to the gym today. :(:(
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    warm up walk (5min) and 2miles continuously at 5.5mph (11min mile). This is the second time ever that I have done 2miles continuously at that speed :)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    warm up walk (5min) and 2miles continuously at 5.5mph (11min mile). This is the second time ever that I have done 2miles continuously at that speed :)

Nice job Sarah! :-)
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Thursday= 1 mile at 14 minutes

Friday= 1 Mile at 12 minutes.

Saturday= No gymn.

Will do better next week!!!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Saturday - One mile at 20 minutes

Sunday - No gym...

I only did to runs this week, but I did improve my time by 2 minutes