I'm right in the 50%-60% range.
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 50%, but hit 60% often.
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set as following 25/30/45 (carb/fat/protein). My BMR is about 1400 calories per day, so I have my daily calories set to that and it works out to 88g carb, 70g fat, 105g protein. I have been going over on my fat...and doing pretty well keeping my carbs lower.

This is only my second week, so I'm not sure if this is where I need to be yet or not. Would welcome any feedback.

I am down 1# from last week though - was hoping it would have been more, but hey, a pound is a pound! I still have about 1# of 'vacation weight' to lose and then 3# more to be at my lowest I've been this year and then about 20# to my goal weight. Seems like my goal weight has been about 20# away for a long time - February, I think!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb. A higher fat diet (lots of healthy fat imo) works wonders for me.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I've set mine at 15% C / 60% F / 25% P but the fat varies a bit depending on if I'm on a lower or more moderate carb level.
  • jodester13
    jodester13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between 55% and 60% fat. I think I need to be 60 to 65%.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    usually over 90g/day
  • wiginn
    Options
    After reading all of these responses, my 30% (~70g) seems low - most of you are 50+%. How long have you been doing that? What kind of results are you seeing? What are you eating to get your fat carbs up that high?

Thanks for the help!!!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    After reading all of these responses, my 30% (~70g) seems low - most of you are 50+%. How long have you been doing that? What kind of results are you seeing? What are you eating to get your fat carbs up that high?

Thanks for the help!!!

Butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, animal fats, BACON, olive oil (for salads), avocados. My (post workout) breakfast alone on Sunday has 51g of fat. And dinner had 63!

Been doing it for maybe a few months (I changed my macros then to increase fats and less protein). The scale hasn't changed a whole lot, but my body comp has been based on how my clothes fit (nicely into a size 12 pants now, instead of uncomfortably!).
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Usually 50-60%. I eat a lot of nuts, so that usually gets mine up there. Been doing it about 5 months. I recently upped my total calories and have finally started losing weight again after a major plateau.
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    50%, which equates to about 80-90g per day.
  • wiginn
    Options
    What are you eating to get your fat carbs up that high?

Probably obvious, but I meant to ask what are you eating to get your fat grams up that high.

Thanks again for the replies and I'll peak at some diaries for ideas, too!
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    55% but I usually don't quite hit it usually :)
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing! Today I got mine way up with coconut oil and butter!!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 50% but usually go over so about 80-90g.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, and 10 carb. A higher fat diet (lots of healthy fat imo) works wonders for me.

This is what I too strive for but tend to keep my carbs slightly lower, closer to 5-7%
  • greenlj77
    Options
    I need to find ways to sneak more fat into my diet. Normally my weight refuses to budge at all (I have hypothyroid, as well as having IBD) but on the days I eat a lot of fat I actually lose. Other than keeping a jar of coconut oil and a spoon in my desk at work, I just need some creative ways to load that stuff in my belly because I KNOW I'm not getting what I should be.