new to message board

Options
hi i am in norfolk, have been calorie counting for about 6 months, lost 7lbs, then stopped doing it and gained it all again:sad:
Have just started again, joined local leisure centre where i am swimming and today I'm going to the gym to have a program set up.
I need to lose 1stone but finding it sooooo hard. need help.

Replies

• corke1853
    Options
    Am also new to message board, but have found it really helpful and lots of people to encourage and support you along the way.

I probably have a lot more to lose than you, some 4.5 stone but 12 lb in 2 weeks is a good start to keep me motivated to carry on after three years of weight watchers were i just about managed a stone.

Good luck with it though and the best advise i got on here when starting was if it goes in your mouth it goes on your food diary ;-)
  • Gezza2604
    Gezza2604 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hallloo

I'm new too - and like corke have more like 5 stone to lose!

I'm sure one of the reasons you find it so hard is that in fact, you only have a stone or so to lose, but having been there (in the dim and distant past) I think the very best thing you could do is lots of exercise and swimming....

So BEST of luck (the gym bores me silly, but I quite like classes) with your gym programme and swimming

I've only just started posting tonight - and will probably stick to the UK board only......even though we speak the same language as our US cousins, we kind of don't at the same time!

Let us know how you get on after the first week, but don't be put off by the heavier ones amongst us - we are bound to lose it quicker (assuming I stay on the wagon) simply because we have more to lose

xx
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi Rocketgirl and welcome.

You have made a good start by joining MFP an your exercise programme will definitely help. I've been on here for 12 weeks and have lost 14lbs and ideally would like to lose another stone. But I want to do it in a healthy sustainable way, more of a lifestyle change that I can stick to. I like tracking what I eat as it helps me to make better choices and I feel so much better. My advice is to get some great supportive friends on here - I have met some amazing people who inspire me every day and who give support when needed. I have also joined in a few challenges that have motivated me to exercise more. And it's a fun way to meet new people, burn some cals and have a laugh too.

Best of luck. You've done it before, you can do it again xx
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    Anyone can add me!! Like having UK followers/friends!
  • corke1853
    Options
    Same here, all support can only be good so feel free to add me. Am two weeks in and 12lb down dont even want to think so far ahead so small steps on a sustainable path is the way for me definitaly