Exercise Calories

Options
jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
Do you all eat back your exercise calories??? I never have before and am wondering if i should be eating them back now?? I am always at a deficit and seems to be gaining more than normal. 22 weeks and up 26lbs

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I personally do, but I'm almost always hungry, not just eating to eat!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I personally do, but I'm almost always hungry, not just eating to eat!

Me, too! However, I do have the rare day where I am simply too full to eat all of the calories back, but I try to eat at least some. I don't want a large deficit when I'm supposed to be gaining!
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat them back. If I happen to burn too many eat one day, I'm usually hungry enough on a lower activity day that I eat them back then. I just make it a goal for the week to not have a deficit. If one particular day is over or under no big deal.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't eat mine back. I don't even include them in my calculations here because I feel like that would just encourage me to eat more, and I don't need to! I have gained 16 pounds at 22 weeks, so I'm definitely gaining a healthy amount. :-)
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat when I am hungry but I do eat more on days I work out (about four days a week). I also make sure to not overexercise. I think I have gained a few pounds so far and my next doctor visit is on 9/5. If you're doing a lot of activity and burning a lot of calories, you need to eat more. My first trimester was a food nightmare but now that I'm entering my second I'm finding it a little easier to eat how I used to. It would be hard for me to eliminate all grains like I did before though.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat them all, sometimes I eat a portion of them. It all depends how hungry I am that day. I make sure to net at least 2000 calories though. Eating at a deficit did not stop me from gaining in the second trimester.

Remember that you are tall and will probably gain more weight. Us tall ladies gain fast when our bodies start making all the extra blood and fluids for baby - we will hold more than someone who is closer to 5' tall, and it sucks to watch the scale creep so fast.
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I always eat mine back. But I'm in the 3rd trimester and still logging under "Maintenance". I figure by eating my excercise calories back, I'm sure to get all the calories I need. I've gained 21lbs at 30.5 weeks and feel really good about my gain thus far. So there's my 2 cents!;)
  • tinytinatmrw
    tinytinatmrw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat all mine back. unless im ravenous which tends to happen on days that ive worked out hard or haven't taken a nap.
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi - just found out I'm pregnant and was in a panic yesterday as I was only eating 1200cals with all the exercise but your thoughts above have helped.....so I set to maintenance and see how I get on....will eat some exercise cals, and all of them if I'm hungry. Thankyou very useful!