ketosis

Options
mantisladyx
mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
I will try and start my ketosis, I think I need to stay under 50 carbs for that to happen, when does it happen, does it start right away? If I remember it right it should be no more then a week. Going to a Wedding Dinner tomorrow night so that should be a challenge but I think still doable.

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    It can vary per person, and for me it can take a day and sometimes it takes 3-4 days. I would try for like a week at 50 and if you aren't in ketosis after a couple days, you'll need to lower your carbs further
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If I wake up and eat meat and have meat during the day and not much else...I will be showing color on a pee stick by that night
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but for me itry to stay under 30, never over 60! But that is me! You can by those pee sticks at the drug store. In the diabetic supply dept!
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me 3 - 4 days to reach ketosis, eating less than 30 grams of carbs per day. Once I'm in ketosis -- going to pee is fun! Looking at the color on the ketostix. (A much better experience than peeing on a stick to see if you're pregnant).
    :smile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    depends how long i was eating crap food before entering ketosis.

if longer than a week of eating carbs, then 3 days.
    less than a week ; between 24 and 48 hours.
  • herrytews
    Options
    Hi,

I have been in ketosis for 8 weeks and have lost 36 lbs (and the weight is still falling off).

I have written a document detailing my experiences. Because I can't attach a PDF to this forum, I have provided a Dropbox link to it here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmdzsaimrldpysd/Terry_ketogenic_diet.pdf

You have my word that I am a genuine user and this is a genuine document.

To answer your question, it took me 3 days to go into ketosis and I have stayed there ever since, by restricting carbs to less than 40g a day (very strictly). The document goes into way more detail (much of it really useful insight).

Cheers
  • reneeeeeh
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how this works..?
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes please! What the hell is ketosis and how do you know if you're in it???

Edit: Nevermind I just looked at kerrytews website.
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been in ketosis for 8 weeks and have lost 36 lbs (and the weight is still falling off).

I have written a document detailing my experiences. Because I can't attach a PDF to this forum, I have provided a Dropbox link to it here ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmdzsaimrldpysd/Terry_ketogenic_diet.pdf

You have my word that I am a genuine user and this is a genuine document.

To answer your question, it took me 3 days to go into ketosis and I have stayed there ever since, by restricting carbs to less than 40g a day (very strictly). The document goes into way more detail (much of it really useful insight).

Cheers

THANKS! Very interesting and helpful