Insanity after JMBR?

Options
I have about 3 weeks left on JMBR and am doing my homework for the next program. I would love to do another round of JMBR, but not immediately, so considering "Insanity". Is anyone here doing Insanity after JMBR? How hard is it compared to JMBR?

Or if you have done both Insanity and JMBR, how would you rate the degree of hardness of both the programs?

Replies

• azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, but I am leaning towards P90x because the cardio part of BR is my least favourite. I have previewed both programs and both seem good, but I haven't tried insanity One big plus however is the first part of insanity is only 40 minutes longs, so it isn't such a big jump from the 30 minute workouts. You can check out a good sample of insanity on Dr. Oz's website, there was a ten minute workout with Shaun on there a couple weeks ago
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th day of Insanity after completing JMBR. At first I was going to do another round of BR but decided to do Insanity instead. So far I am loving Insanity, it is most definitely much harder than BR. But doing BR is what helped me physically prepare for Insanity I think, if it wasn't for the cardio training I got during BR I really don't think I would have been able to do it. Insanity is much more intense than Cardio 3, I'll put it that way. I used to HATE cardio and now I am actually really liking it. I feel SO energized and feel SO good after an Insanity workout. I am way more sore after doing Insanity than I was during BR. What I like more about Insanity is I burn far more calories. Despite that it is a bit longer than a BR workout, I notice that it goes by super fast. You're so focused on breathing and your form, you really don't pay attention to the time. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed BR and I definitely would recommend it and consider doing it again, but it doesn't make me physically feel the way Insanity does. Also, while I enjoy Jillian and her training style, I already love Shaun T. He is so motivating and keeps you going when you need the encouragement.

I'd say I'd rate JMBR about a 5 out of 10 on a level of difficulty. But with Insanity, I'd definitely say it's an 8/9 out of 10.

It's hard, not going to lie. But I totally recommend it. You can do it. :)
  • poomash
    poomash Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!! Yes, I HATE cardio too, and I really have to push myself to press play on the cardio days. But now I know that its my weakness and I hope Insanity will help me get better at it.
    Do you really feel the soreness in your core with Insanity, because with JMBR, except for a few circuits, I never really felt it.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have about 3 weeks left on JMBR and am doing my homework for the next program. I would love to do another round of JMBR, but not immediately, so considering "Insanity". Is anyone here doing Insanity after JMBR? How hard is it compared to JMBR?

Or if you have done both Insanity and JMBR, how would you rate the degree of hardness of both the programs?
    Insanity is much harder than JMBR! In fact I think Jillian got alot of her moves from Shaun T. I think you doing Insanity after JMBR would be great! It is an AWESOME workout!!
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!! Yes, I HATE cardio too, and I really have to push myself to press play on the cardio days. But now I know that its my weakness and I hope Insanity will help me get better at it.
    Do you really feel the soreness in your core with Insanity, because with JMBR, except for a few circuits, I never really felt it.

Yes, I am on day 5 now and the soreness is seriously intense. With BR, my soreness usually was gone by day 2, but I am still feeling it everywhere and especially my core. I think it's because unlike BR the workouts don't focus on a specific parts of the body, you work EVERYTHING everyday. I like it though because its telling me its working and I am doing it right.

Cardio was my weakness, I dreaded every time the Cardio workouts came around. Insanity has changed my feelings on this, if anything I get excited now (maybe a little nervous too) because theres always room for improvement and I get so excited to see how much I've burned after every workout.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity before I did JMBR. It was intense but my muscles are sore after doing JMBR. I also didn't get much results from insanity unless I alternated it with strength training. I am considering doing a hybrid when I'm done because I don't want to give up the weights.
  • MaeMae223
    MaeMae223 Posts: 17
    Options
    I did Insanity before BR...had no idea BR was even out there...I just saw it on TV one night when I was up late; before I saw it I was set on doing Chalean Extreme. I'm glad I chose BR instead! I've loved the results I'm seeing. Insanity is absolutely insane, and it was very, very difficult for me to keep up 100% of the time. Cardio has never been my strength, but it challenged me and got me into great shape. I did lose any weight (which was frustrating), but my body did change for the better. Insanity was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and it's prepared me for all other workouts. I always think to myself, "If I can finish Insanity, especially that second month, I can do anything!" On a scale of 10, Insanity is definitely a 10, and I'm just finish up my first month of BR so based on that, it's a 5. Insanity is definitely worth a try; it's a challenge, a huge one at that, but the feeling of accomplishment at the end is a great feeling. Oh, and just one more thing...I thought the program would get easier as I got used to it, but it never did...every day was just as hard as the day before, but it's because you get in better shape and push yourself harder. That's never a bad thing, right?! :smile:
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started my second week of insanity yesterday. I completed JMBR just prior. I believe insanity is harder, but I needed JMBR to prepare. I don't know if I could do insanity if I hadn't made the strenght gains with JMBR. Highly recommend insanity next! I dropped 4 pounds the first week!
  • poomash
    Options
    Great to hear everyone's thoughts. I do agree that JMBR has really helped in preparing me for harder workouts and like Jillian says, I surprise myself with every new workout. 2 weeks left on JMBR and then will move on to Insanity. Lets see if I have it in me!!
  • megebhart
    Options
    i did some insanity (not the full program) prior to jmbr and it is wicked harder.
    and i dont like it bc the workouts are 45mins to an hr or more each.
    personally i dont have that much time all at once to do a workout.
    so jmbr works much better for me in that aspect
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 2 month 1 of insanity after doing BR. Like the others have said, it's definitely on another page from jillian. Also like the others said, I think doing jillian definitely prepared me for insanity! I say go for it! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yep after my round of JMBR....I took a few weeks off and Jumped on the Insanity Workout...and yes indeed way different from my Lovely JM...but 90BR is a great program...loved the workout and got results...which is my primary focus.... Insanity I am expecting bigger and better things...just from hearing and seeing the results...combo it up with Group Power( I am an instructor) and few days of Crossfit....along with good clean eating..my results should be good... Good luck to everyone
  • PierdoPeso
    Options
    Yep, that's my plan. I start JMBR Phase 3 next week, and after that it's on to Insanity. I already have the DVDs.
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did about a week of insanity and I personally didn't like it personally. I like how BR has cardio and weight training... Insanity was all super intense cardio / planks / pushups / jumps / burpies etc. I prefer the combination of weights and cardio myself and think insanity is very intense endurance training IMO. I think it depends on your goals and what kind of workouts you are wanting... I personally am going to do BR and then get the JNL Fusion to continue with weight training/cardio mix!!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently on BR but a friend from work is on his 7 week on Insanity and he has lost close to 30lbs and looks so fit and ripped! Is incredible! I'm definitely finishing BR (I'm so sore and on my 2nd week) and after that move onto Insanity for sure.
    best of luck, we can do this!
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Just wanted to update. I'm now onto my second month of Insanity and have lost a little over 10lbs and a bunch of inches. Still loving this program but I do miss Jillian sometimes.
  • poomash
    Options
    Good to hear from you all! I am on my second week of Insanity, and without doing Jillian's workouts or the cardios from JMBR, I could have never done Insanity. Loving the Insanity workouts so far, and a little scared about month 2.
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Don't be scared! I actually find month 2's workouts really fun! They're a bit longer than month 1's workouts but the extra burn is worth it. I totally agree though, I feel like Jillian's training seriously prepared me for Insanity. Had I not done 30DS or BR, I would have never had the ability to stick with Insanity.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am in week 8 of JMBR and I'm thinking about doing a hybrid with Insanity when I'm done. . I did two rounds of Insanity before JMBR and I loved the intensity of the workouts, but I didn't get much results. The scale didn't start moving until I started alternating it with strength training. It's like my body is immune to cardio. I guess years of doing it means I don't get results like I used to unless I lift weights too. So I'm thinking about doing phase 2 and 3 workouts of JMBR but doing Insanity for my cardio. I am up to 8, 10, 12lb weights on JMBR and may continue to go heavier as I get stronger.
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me! Let us know how it goes for you because it's something I'd also be interested in trying.