Summerville?

Options
jpcamden
jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
Hey guys, I'm just curious if there's any of you guys who are in Summerville.

I've been trying to lose weight for a while now, but I figure if I had a running buddy it might go faster and hold me accountable. Anyone doing the C25K program and happen to live close by?

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i live in sangaree. i go to the gym by bilo. i run just over 2 miles 4xs a week. when it cools down i will run outside.
    C25K is a good program.
  • jpcamden
    Options
    I'm used to the heat now. Well mostly anyway. I work outside at the airport so I'm always in it. But I still don't want to go running in it, haha
  • TheLadyVorel
    Options
    Hey There Y'all. :)

I live at the Back Gate of the AFB.
    I'm thinking about doing the whole Couch 2 5k thing too.
    Mostly because I want to compete in the rUNDEAD5k.

If you want to, we can totally do it together. :) I need a running buddy to keep me motivated. lol
  • jpcamden
    Options
    Where does the back gate exit at? I drive past the gate everyday but I don't know if it's the back gate. I drive by the one on Dorchester on the way to work. We could maybe run together, gotta find somewhere close to both of us.
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The gate by Dorchester is technically the "front" gate. Even though all the huge signs are on the other side. I used to live in Summerville but now I live closer to the base.
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Summerville has a great trail thats about 7 miles long. Its right around the corner fom my house. Its called the sawmill branch nature trail. It starts in gahagan, crosses under old trolley and bacons bridge then ends somewhere behind the Family Y. There is also access and parking by Ashley road and a few other areas. I havent ran it but I've ridden my bicycle on it a few times.
  • jpcamden
    Options
    Yeah I used to live right next to there actually. Right there on Kimeran. I ran that all the time. Well I say run but it was more like ran then walked then ran.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in Summerville too! Right off 26 by Target.
  • josho655321
    Options
    I try to stay clear of that way, because I almost always end up at wasabi's...
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    I try to stay clear of that way, because I almost always end up at wasabi's...

Now I'm craving sushi and bacon fried rice. Nom.
  • josho655321
    Options
    Haha, I was just out that way, if I had not already had lunch, oh man... Bacon fried rice will just have to wait until later
  • jpcamden
    Options
    Everyone's a bit far to be running buddies, haha.
  • josho655321
    Options
    Depends. What's your run time and what do you want it to be? A lot of runs are coming up soon that I like to participate in, I might as well start training.
  • jpcamden
    Options
    My run time? That's laughable. More like run/walk. I'm just starting couch to 5k so I'm not exactly a great runner. I just do intervals and even those are hard. I'm a big guy and I've never been great at running. Trying to get better.
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    My run time? That's laughable. More like run/walk. I'm just starting couch to 5k so I'm not exactly a great runner. I just do intervals and even those are hard. I'm a big guy and I've never been great at running. Trying to get better.

You'll get there, just stick with it.

I was running 5 days a week and got up to 8 miles (the longest ive ever gone wiout stopping!) and then stopped for two months and now I can barely run a 5K. It's amazing how fast your cardiovascular health can deplete.
  • jpcamden
    Options
    Thanks. I've been doing the pushup program too and that helps tremendously. I figure if I do join the army I should go ahead and get better at running, situps and pushups.
  • josho655321
    Options
    True that.... Been about 4 months since I last ran. I blame work. However as I said I have maybe 6 runs I want to do before the end of the year, which I will do. Between strength training and running, pounds fall off making running easier.

I just asked about running times because despite what I will be capable of in a few months I'm going to do some runs anyway, but goals do help especially if you want to do more then 5k.
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    Thanks. I've been doing the pushup program too and that helps tremendously. I figure if I do join the army I should go ahead and get better at running, situps and pushups.

Yes gotta pass those PRT's!
  • ohohraptor
    Options
    True that.... Been about 4 months since I last ran. I blame work. However as I said I have maybe 6 runs I want to do before the end of the year, which I will do. Between strength training and running, pounds fall off making running easier.

I just asked about running times because despite what I will be capable of in a few months I'm going to do some runs anyway, but goals do help especially if you want to do more then 5k.

I miss running. Im so discouraged though, knowing I back tracked so much. Bah. Maybe I'll start running again after I finish insanity.
  • josho655321
    Options
    Just run :smile: