Starting INSANITY tomorrow!!

Options
amolina0810
amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
Hey all! I am starting Insanity tomorrow! Any advice?? I am so excited I have been wanting to do this for so long now and I am finally going to do it!!

Replies

• Mchavez2018
    Mchavez2018 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, I am on Day 3, and I am addicted. I find myself getting up early to see what is coming up next! He keeps you guessing and motivated! I think you will love!
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Expect to be sore the first week. Don't get discouraged if you have to take frequent breaks initially. Don't freak out if the scale goes up a few lbs the first couple of weeks--there is a lot of swelling in the large muscles due to eccentric loading (which is what plyometric moves really do), and that extra fluid adds to the scale. Take photos--take start pictures, and then 30 and 60 day pics.

Make sure you have like minded people to support you, that's really helpful on the days when you don't want to push play. Is this your first beachbody program?

I'm excited for you, Insanity is AWESOME. I'm on day 40 tomorrow and lovin' it!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Can't wait to hear about your first fit test!
  • amolina0810
    Options
    Yes this is my first beachbody program!! I would love to get some Insanity friends to talk to and keep each other motivated so feel free to add me!! I am very dedicated to my diet and exercise. I just know I am going to rock it!!
  • amolina0810
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the advice!! I will be sure to post my first fit test results!!
  • littlemissmo83
    littlemissmo83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Amolina

I am also starting on Friday . Have done the fitness test and a bit of the first workout so I can get a taste of what to expect and its awesome. Sweaty, but awesome. I just need to find a bit of a bigger space and hope the neighbours downstairs dot mind my jumping around at 530am for a few days ;)

Keep in touch, would be ace to hear how you get on too, so glad I found this group - as it definitely helps for extra motivation!

Good Luck x
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started insanity today, round 2. I finished 2 weeks ago and my body was craving for the workouts, so I decided to do round 2.

My suggestion is that you push through the soreness and complete week 1 and day 1 of week 2 - no matter what. After that point, it gets easier and becomes somewhat of a routine, though you still have to push yourself to press 'play'. You will see results by week 3 and calorie burns are incredible, especially if you use a heart rate monitor.

Feel free to add me if you like. For me support and encouragement from MFP frieds was critical in completing.

Good Luck!!!
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Expect to be sore the first week. Don't get discouraged if you have to take frequent breaks initially. Don't freak out if the scale goes up a few lbs the first couple of weeks--there is a lot of swelling in the large muscles due to eccentric loading (which is what plyometric moves really do), and that extra fluid adds to the scale. Take photos--take start pictures, and then 30 and 60 day pics.

Make sure you have like minded people to support you, that's really helpful on the days when you don't want to push play. Is this your first beachbody program?

I'm excited for you, Insanity is AWESOME. I'm on day 40 tomorrow and lovin' it!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Can't wait to hear about your first fit test!
    ^This, except I just started week 3. :)