Same Same meals..

Options
Hi people,

just a quick question on something, I'm currently bulking and was wondering if its okay to have 3+ meals the same?

Currently I'm mixing 70-100gm oats & 1-2scoops of protein powder for 3 meals of my day(600-720cal), with the last one being post workout (around 1pm).

I'm currently meeting my macros and don't have any issue with getting bored with the same food (I blend the whole oats and mix it in my shaker with the protein), any reason why I would want to change?

Replies

• baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi. what is your source for fats? what about the micro nutrients?
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi people,

just a quick question on something, I'm currently bulking and was wondering if its okay to have 3+ meals the same?

Currently I'm mixing 70-100gm oats & 1-2scoops of protein powder for 3 meals of my day(600-720cal), with the last one being post workout (around 1pm).

I'm currently meeting my macros and don't have any issue with getting bored with the same food (I blend the whole oats and mix it in my shaker with the protein), any reason why I would want to change?

Whey protein is a supplement. Keyword: supplement. Don't get me wrong, I take like 3 scoops a day too bro. :laugh:

However, you may be selling your self short by eating the same meal 3x a day instead of getting your protein from other/better sources like lean meats. Your body will also be lacking in essential nutrients you get from eating foods like vegetables.

I suggest throwing in some lean meats like chicken, beef, or even turkey. Also, nuts or natural PB, egg whites, non-fat milk or greek yogurt & broccoli or spinach. Get in those greens. Take a scroll down my past diary logs or look up the food included in the abs bullseye diet. Google search.

I eat oatmeal once a day. How long have you been with it for the 3x daily? Wow buddy, intense.

All of this is just advice, you can eat whatever you like to eat. :tongue:
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Look into "if it fits your macros" (IIFYM), and look up foods on nutritiondata.com. Your creativity will be your limiting factor. I swear I will never eat chicken breasts and brown rice ever again!

Oh yeah, knowing how to cook helps too (not relying on a microwave!)
  • Craig1973nz
    Craig1973nz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have mentioned that these are only my first 3 meals of the days and that I work out at lunchtimes. During the later 3-4meals I have a combo of steak, chop-chop chicken( chicken in a can) broccoli , rice crackers, sweet potatoes, banana's and around 120gm of almonds for fats during the day

I find that I need structure with my meals ( Thus the question on if it’s okay to eat the amount of oats I do), and because of this I rarely change them up.. unless it’s a cheat day :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    IIFYM and is from a variety of sources to get you're required micronutrients and you're happy to eat the same thing every day then go for it :smile:
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Look into "if it fits your macros" (IIFYM), and look up foods on nutritiondata.com. Your creativity will be your limiting factor. I swear I will never eat chicken breasts and brown rice ever again!

Oh yeah, knowing how to cook helps too (not relying on a microwave!)

The problem with cooking, is when you need to eat 3500 kcals a day, cooking that much is long! I need to become one of those cooks on sunday eats the same all week types...
  • Randomdude99
    Options
    Some days I add a little lemon to my meals and some days I add a little amount of spices.