17 weeks left till Christmas

Options
KravMark
KravMark Posts: 308 Member
Ok there's about 17 weeks left and what is going on for you? I thought that getting under 200 would be the best Christmas present ever. Haven't been that low in 12 yrs

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be under 190 by then, since i want to be 185 New Years Eve morning. It's been almost 20 years since i was that weight, but this time i'll be in healthier condition. At that time, i was smoking and not eating that much at all, but now i'm more knowledgeable about making good health decisions.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I have another 36 to go before my first goal weight on 170. That would be 2.11lbs a week. I will try :)
  • KravMark
    Options
    Lect that's awesome ! Im not sure I can lose 30 by then either but it's a goal and honestly is be happy with 15 more lost .. For a while hahaha

Tat2d : the last time I was that weight I wasn't as strong as I'm gonna be either

Thanks for joining guys ;)
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    To lose 30lbs in 17 weeks we need an average of 1.8lbs a week. That is an agressive goal, but I am up for a challenge!
    I am going to just continue to set mini goals for myself to make it seem more reachable. My current mini goal is to lose 7more lbs, that will put me at my lowest weight of my adult life :smile:
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'D like to be down to 150 by Christmas, but with all the stress I am going to be going through starting Monday I am worried that I am going to keep turning to food nd pop for comfort.

My sister -in -law and her 5 year old daughter are moving in with us. Neither me or my son's want this but we don't get a say,lol. She is 24 and just sits on her butt when she's here. We deal with her kid,not her. And mess.......she just leaves any mess her and her daughter make. Crap.....getting myself stressed out again,lol.......
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Michelle...

Sweetie I feel your pain - I have 4 teenager/young adults and a 4 year old granddaughter mostly on a part time basis...but often enough to make me crazy because I feel like a friggin maid! I chose to turn it around - and use it as a tool for weight loss - house work burns calories!! Consider it part of your workout routine rather than "picking up after a lazy az" and it will make a difference. Also who says you have to be around it - find things to do to keep yourself pre-occupied, smile instead when she irks you...who knows, it may rub off!! Good luck!! You can do it!!!
  • michelletr
    Options
    Michelle...

Sweetie I feel your pain - I have 4 teenager/young adults and a 4 year old granddaughter mostly on a part time basis...but often enough to make me crazy because I feel like a friggin maid! I chose to turn it around - and use it as a tool for weight loss - house work burns calories!! Consider it part of your workout routine rather than "picking up after a lazy az" and it will make a difference. Also who says you have to be around it - find things to do to keep yourself pre-occupied, smile instead when she irks you...who knows, it may rub off!! Good luck!! You can do it!!!

Thank u :) I'm already planning a trip next month since I know she'll be driving me crazy,lol......
  • healthycourt2012
    Options
    I have a total weight loss goal of 30 pounds..not as big as what I'm seeing from most of you but if I can reach this goal by Christmas that would be such a blessing! Then my 2012 New Year's resolution will be to keep at that weight, get more toned, and STAY HEALTHY!!

I do have two questions though.

1. Has anyone posted on the message boards about this group? I think it would blow up with people wanting to join this for support and determination!

2. Is this just a support group? Or are we going to have weekly exercise routines recommended for us? I think that would also be fun!

.... Just a couple of suggestions! :)
  • meb1118
    meb1118 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to be in the healthy bmi category!!! I have 40.2 pounds to get there!!! I hope to at least be in the overweight category by Christmas! lol! My goal weight is 136...I am at 176 right now so I have a ways to go!!
  • kelbax22
    kelbax22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to 145. I have lost 4 lbs so far, so I need to lose 29 lbs. I want to be at my goal by the end of this year and I will do it!! :)
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    ItsFinallyHappening Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Its your home, so tell your sister in laws your house rules.... and if she doesn't like them, she can go ahead and leave!
  • KravMark
    Options
    Hey Guys!! Thanks for all of you who have joined up!! Im still trying to build it and would love any and all suggestions.. This is not going to be a strict group but more of an internal support network within MFP. The main reason for this is what works for one person does not necessarily work for all and I want to keep it flexible. IN the short time Ive been using MFP Ive seen people who try to micromanage other members programs and I think in the end that is non-productive. Feel free to add some threads Iike suggested workouts and such and any other ideas you may have. This is a group effort, so lets all get involved.

Mark.

Also anyone who is not my friend can feel free to friend me and also message me with any questions, ideas or concerns..
  • KravMark
    Options
    One thing im planning on doing is posting a new thread 16 week, 15 weeks and so on.. Feel free to post your results ideas and struggles here... :)
  • StrivingSarah
    Options
    I could make a spreadsheet with each members name, their current weight or BMI, their goal and their weekly progress?
  • KravMark
    Options
    That sounds cool, what does everyone else think?
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i want to get in the 200's
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i think it will be awesome if i could lose 30 pounds by christmas. a little under 2 pounds a week (not including what i've lost so far). i'm reaching for it. if you gus are serious then so am i :)
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1.8 lbs lost per week, huh. I think we can all pull it off if we work together! :)
  • kelbax22
    kelbax22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A spreadsheet sounds great to track our process!! I know we can do this! :)
  • michelletr
    Options
    Its your home, so tell your sister in laws your house rules.... and if she doesn't like them, she can go ahead and leave!

That's what the hubby said,but I know it's gonna be me that'll end up looking like a bit$h,lol